ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo Printer

S2000
I'm looking to get a printer just for photos. Probably one of the standalone ones you get that will print standard size photos. Looking for something up to about £80.

Any recommendations?

Has anyone else got one of these? How is the quality on them as I've never actually seen a printout from one of them. Basically it's just because since getting a digital camera we never end up with print outs of photos most of the time, but I thought if the quality of these were reasonable then it would be worthwhile buying one as an xmas present for somone.

I'm off to look at some just now but could do with hearing from anyone who has bought one to see what they think of them and whether the quality is quite good or not.

Thanks.

Yeah, id recommend epson too, ive got an R200 (couple of years old now) but prints photos really well. Again 6 cartridges, i use the compatibles, never once had a problem, and cost me about £3 each!

The printers biojo has posted seem good, and the borderless printing and cd printing is a must too!

S2000
thanks for the links. Do you use this as your everyday printer for documents etc as well?

How often do they tend to go through ink cartidges? I know it will vary depending on usage but roughly how many photos would you say you can get through before cartridges need replaced?

Clio 172mk2
yer these printers are find for everyday use , last time a watched a proggy on the epsons it worked out about 30-35p per page for full color photographs. cartridges are dependent on % ink used per page etc.but usually with epsons u get the decent fake carts released after a bit.

obviously with fake carts the colours can be slightly out but usually the decent ones are very good. Only other prob u can get is with cheaper inks the print some times fade a bit , but u arnt guna notice that for years .

S2000
I'll have a think about it. I was really thinking of getting one of the printers specifically for photos tbh where you can't really use it as teh everyday printer, but I suppose one of these other ones could be an option.

Any suggestions for the photo only ones?

Clio 172mk2
me personally i`d allways use epson printers i know my current ones broke but i bought it in 1996 and it only broke last year , which i thinks good going . just allways prefered them to brands like hp / lexmark etc

S2000
Had a look tonight and was quite impressed with the quality of some of them tbh. As it's a present for someone I'm looking for I think it would have to be one of the camera stand alone printers I would get, so any suggestion on them?