ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo shoot for a friend

Fiesta ST-3
So this was my first pro shoot for a friend who wants to buy the pictures. Here is a small selection of the shots. I appreciate some of them are not that apt for putting on a wall and they are saved for her viewing only.

Let me know your thoughts.

6042507902_6027805e7a_z.jpg

Fresh Water West by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

6042520460_1fec679c74_z.jpg

6042527032_9cea15f356_z.jpg

Last shot is superb, in fact a really nice 'end of summer' style pic, first pic, too much hair in the girls eyes is distracting and shadow on face has lost the twinkle catchlights.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What was the brief/job you were given, family portraits for personal use by the family,
or are they going to be used commercially aswell, as in an advert or an editorial in a magazine?

Bucket and spade shot is spot on.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Nice shots mate, as mentioned above, first shot could've done with being a little more exposed but I think it's still a good shot.

Fiesta ST-3
Last shot is superb, in fact a really nice 'end of summer' style pic, first pic, too much hair in the girls eyes is distracting and shadow on face has lost the twinkle catchlights.

Thank you. I struggled all day with the elements. It was so bright and so windy I had to make do. I was also very nervous as it was my first attempt at portraits as well.

What was the brief/job you were given, family portraits for personal use by the family,
or are they going to be used commercially aswell, as in an advert or an editorial in a magazine?

Bucket and spade shot is spot on.

They were just for personal use. A lot of her friends love them so there should be a good bit more for me to do :) Thank you.

Nice shots mate, as mentioned above, first shot could've done with being a little more exposed but I think it's still a good shot.

Cheers mate I totally agree. First attempt nervs and all that :)

And thanks to everyone else for their comments.

Love the last shot, great idea!

Next time you could get a big piece of card or similar as a reflector board, it acts like a flash basically, but for free! It would have worked well on the first shot, to fill in the light on the child.

Tricky to use when windy though! ;)

chumpmobile
looks good man! only thing i would say is that the hair in the first is too distracting!