ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photobox Canvas

We've been thinking about which pic to use for our main wall feature for a while now, after 6 months or so of never being sure, we actually ended up going back to our original favourite and decided to go for it two weeks ago.

A few weeks ago the size we wanted was £101 (42" x 18"), but we stuck it in the basket and held out as Photobox tend to cycle through special offers on a weekly basis. Sure enough, a 48hr BOGOF offer came along just after they dropped the price, so we ended up with two, costing just £35 each...

Living Room

883425500_gjVjB-L.jpg

883425485_kih65-L.jpg

My Study

883425554_pULpG-L.jpg

883425513_7nARQ-L.jpg

They look fairly small in those pics, but they're pretty darn vast in reality.

Amazed by the quality, even up close the detail they've managed to retain is incredible. I'm also mightily impressed with how the F1 pic has held up, firstly it was at 420mm through heat haze (I shoot JPEG), secondly it's a crop from this original image (as you can see I've also boosted the colours a bit for the canvas)...

883425572_LYs9B-L.jpg

Nothing special was done to prepare them for that size, just a crop at the correct aspect ratio (the files ended up being about 9MB each)

Highly recommended anyhow, thrilled with them.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
look great!

your new york skyline was the background on my laptop for ages :cool:

dk

911 GTS Cab
very nice mate, i have about 6 of these of various sizes from photobox, normally on the BOGOF offers too, they have recently reduced their prices too as they seemed to have changed suppliers (they don't do them themselves) and i have one of those panormaic ones too, i unfortunately paid £110 for it i think about 9 months ago but it was worth it, lovely piece of work, mines of the grand canyon.

can't been a good canvas on a white wall though to bring it alive, have one on nearly every wall in my apartment, love them.

Also great having your own work up too, its very cool when someone comes to the apartment and asks me where i got them from as they love the picture and they seem impressed when i say i took them.

421 Cammed 172
I've got one from my Hols in Egypt. The Mrs wants acrylic print but they're damn expensive!

Whats the canvas like? It is smooth when the prints on there or can you still see the texture of the canvas underneath??

28602_380660692561_627727561_3944738_6154911_n.jpg

It's a photo of the moon shining back onto the sea and thats a little night time scuba diving boat there.

Arrived about 6 days after we ordered, pretty good going considering they state they may be slower during special offer periods. We considered acrylic but it wouldn't really go with our living room, the F1 pic might have looked cool but it would have been very expensive. You can see the texture but it's not overpowering, seems to give it a nice 'warmth' and no doubt hides some of the minor imperfections in the original photos.

Nice to have something unique (well nearly unique, the NYC has been used by a few people for wall art) as there doesn't seem to be a large range of ready-to-buy canvas out there...I see the same few from Ikea constantly.

dk

911 GTS Cab
really bad pic as its from my iphone a while ago but heres my panoramic, its off the eagle (rock formation in the middle looks like an eagle) at the west ridge canyon

28938_10150195739175402_808915401_12798772_7427867_n.jpg

^^ Suits canvas beautifully, we're touring South West USA for 3 weeks this Summer so it will be nice to get some non-NYC shots for other rooms.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've got one from my Hols in Egypt. The Mrs wants acrylic print but they're damn expensive!

Whats the canvas like? It is smooth when the prints on there or can you still see the texture of the canvas underneath??

28602_380660692561_627727561_3944738_6154911_n.jpg

It's a photo of the moon shining back onto the sea and thats a little night time scuba diving boat there.
i have a NYC night scene i was going to get done but i didn't know how good it would look on canvas, you can see the texture for sure, but thats part of it i guess.

I have also craved an acrylic print but they are 50%+ more expensive than canvas so i really want to see one first to see whether its worth it.

Might get one for the kitchen or bathroom as they are good for wet areas apparently as the acrylic protects the image.

want to get this one done as at the moment its just blown up and placed in a cheap plastic frameless front, so arcylic would look awesome i think. got to be careful on size though as it was taken with my 350d and so the resolution isn't great for some serious blowing up!

n808915401_757723_4873.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
^^ Suits canvas beautifully, we're touring South West USA for 3 weeks this Summer so it will be nice to get some non-NYC shots for other rooms.
yeah, some great scenery around there, the canyon, wild wild west, national parks, LA, San Fran, goldengate bridge, alcatraz, vegas lights, i've got some good shots from around there, lots and lots of cool stuff to photograph.

182 & Porsche 986
those look great, love the NY one. i wouldnt be able to stand my own photograph on my wall i'd start to pick daft faults at it all the time so i'd have someone elses!

I do my own canvases but limited to 16x10 sadly. I do prefer prints though but the wife has other idea's. NY skyline is sweet

421 Cammed 172
Just found this website here. Good prices for canvas. Gonna give them a try i think.

Will probably come back with a report on quality etc.