ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Bibles?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
Which camera have you got?

I've got one called "Understanding Exposure" Which is fantastic

FF RB 182
Nikon D40, it's for Gaz's birthday, no need for a camera specific one though. What if he changes it!

FF RB 182
He has had it nearly 2 years and has got different lenses and stuff for it. So he is not a beginner.

B

Brown.

He has had it nearly 2 years and has got different lenses and stuff for it. So he is not a beginner.

having the equipment do'nt mean he can use it. no offense but i have been playing about with DSLR's for around 8 years, spent thousands of pounds on lenses, does that make me an expert ???

a camera spacific guide would be an excellent gift. as its not a manual as such as a manual just tells you what stuff does. those guides tell you how to get the best possible out of that spacific camera

if he has a nikon, he is likely to stay loyal to the nikon brand.. if he changes his camera, just buy the other model guid for his next birthday etc

having the equipment do'nt mean he can use it. no offense but i have been playing about with DSLR's for around 8 years, spent thousands of pounds on lenses, does that make me an expert ???

a camera spacific guide would be an excellent gift. as its not a manual as such as a manual just tells you what stuff does. those guides tell you how to get the best possible out of that spacific camera

if he has a nikon, he is likely to stay loyal to the nikon brand.. if he changes his camera, just buy the other model guid for his next birthday etc

LMAO, I don't have much equipment fella! And she never said I was an expert either. I will stay loyal to nikon, that's a definite.

I got the Understanding Exposure book from the library, it terrified me! Made me appreciate that as far as technicalities goes, I know pretty much nothing about photography. Didn't enjoy it myself, each to their own I guess but I prefer learning the camera etc through excessive practical application, and then learning about composition/being inspired by photo books (i.e. just books full of photos, not technical stuff)

Probably says more about what sort of a photographer I am than a fair assessment on the actual book, but I would probably feel like I'm learning more from looking at something like this, and then fumbling around trying to do something similar myself.