ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Comp - Round 26

Time for the next round.

The last theme was "Long Exposures" and joebonthuys won with..

4092922909_1a465ea315.jpg

So his theme for the next round is.. Liquids

Comp runs from now until midnight Tues 15th Dec. Any photos entered must be taken between now and midnight Tues 15th Dec.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on.

I will no longer be automatically taking the first image somebody posts, only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- Winner chooses next subject

- Revels apologies for stealing Chris' rules! lol..

Ian

Focus TDCi
Interesting theme, could be taken a number of ways so it'll be good to see what people will come up with. Good time of year for it too, considering the weather. :)

I'll try and get round to updating the table soonish.

Cupra
Completely forgot about this. Its been raining non stop for the past two weeks, no shortage of liquid at all.

Nippy white cup
^^^^^^^
Thats awesome m8

I think it was just water but I had put some coloured card around/underneath the glass. I didn't set the focus up properly and must have took a hundred just to get a few decent ones

Chris

Focius ST
All those shots taken since 2nd Dec?

yer ive had way to much time on my hands since i got laid off from work, cheers chris i like ur photos ive tried catching water like that before it takes ages took me 50 water ballons to capture my image

Cupra
yer ive had way to much time on my hands since i got laid off from work, cheers chris i like ur photos ive tried catching water like that before it takes ages took me 50 water ballons to capture my image

I was going to ask how you got it. Stunning shot!

Focius ST
had a water ballon tied up then it was a case of popping it and trying to catch it at the right time cheers for the comments

Top marks there then mate. What shutter speed?

I've seen it done with super high speed cameras. 10,000th sorta speed.

Focius ST
shutter speed was between 1/4000 and 1/3200 using my nikon d60 and the starter 18-55mm lens it took some doing and camera did get wet a couple of times but after a little bit of editing in photoshop it was worth while

Focius ST
cheers greggles, i had tried it before, idea came from digital photography mag if anyone wanted the guide i could try scan it and send it

Manually most of the time, on a tripod, with the remote! Do you think im getting mirror bounce because of the 300mm lens sticking out the front??

edit: I probably should have said it was a crop as well!!

Ian

Focus TDCi
You mean like flare from the blob? It's possible I suppose, but to me it looks more like missed focus. I'm only going on what I've read here, as I've never tried macro, but the DoF is meant to be incredibly shallow, so the slightest movement could affect your shot. I can't figure out what it is lol? Is it static or moving? Drop of water on a DVD?

Yes its a drop of water on a DVD!

No i don't mean flare, i mean the movement of the mirror in the SLR wobbling the camera on the tripod as it flicks up and down!!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol reet ok. Erm, do you have live view on your camera? I'd set it to live view, manual focus, zoom in 10x and make sure it's perfectly focused. What ratio are you getting with the macro filters? Sure you're not closer than the minimum focusing distance?

Haven't got live view i'm shooting with a D40! Yes i'm pretty sure i'm within the minimum focusing distance!

I give up! I'm s**t at photography lol!!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Haven't got live view i'm shooting with a D40! Yes i'm pretty sure i'm within the minimum focusing distance!

I give up! I'm s**t at photography lol!!

Lol, it's all good fun mate, just keep messing. :) When you say within, do you mean further away than? For example if it's 0.45m, you're, say, 0.50m away? (With macro it's probably less than 0.45m, I just remember it says that on one of my lenses).

Keep trying anyway!

its 0.95 on this, i don't thin it is a dedicated macro lens, just has a macro function!! Could do with some 58mm filters now though!!

Might aswell enter this one as i have the perfect pic to suit! Did this a few days ago, playing with my new pocketwizards, theyre awesome.

4170709839_7af91db021_b.jpg

Nimbus 197
4175649440_2082007026_b.png

ENTRY

Thought I'd have a go at this one, not been very active in terms of photography recently as I haven't had much time but...this is a quick one!