ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Round 21

Time for the next round.

The last theme was "Upon Reflection" and IanFlaherty won with..

3740920950_6e92c5ebd4.jpg

So his theme for the next round is..

The Golden Hour (wiki)

Comp runs from now until midnight Weds 20th Aug. Any photos entered must be taken between now and midnight 20th Aug.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on.

I will no longer be automatically taking the first image somebody posts, only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- Winner chooses next subject

- Revels apologies for stealing Chris' rules! lol..

Ian

Focus TDCi
Thanks very much to everyone that voted for my photo last round, seems strange to see it up there now. :)

Good luck for this round, hopefully the theme has left it open for a wide variety of photos.

I've compiled a league table based on the results of rounds 18 to 20 so far. It's only a bit of fun, but I'll try and sort out something for whoever is top at the end of the year if you like. The table can be seen here.

I was up at 5:00 this morning for the Bristol Balloon Fiesta.....strictly speaking this competition started a bit later....

Ian, I'm disappointed in you. As a fellow ex-student you should know we don't rise until 11am earliest. And also are normally half cut by around tea time.

I've got no chance.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yep they're definitely the right type of photo, hopefully get some decent sunrise/sets in the next few weeks.

Congrats and nice choice of topic! Should make for some interesting photographs!

Cheers Andy. :)

Ian, I'm disappointed in you. As a fellow ex-student you should know we don't rise until 11am earliest. And also are normally half cut by around tea time.

I've got no chance.

Hope that's not what you've written on your CV? :rasp: Night on the town + cameraphone = photo on the early morning stumble home? Chances of success, approx. 2%? There's hope for you yet boyo. ;)

In fact, gold ring, open book, shining light and one perfectly formed shadow heart with dubious connections to the theme. Sorted.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Might actually give this one a crack, if i can get the point and click type thing (its a bit better than a point and click) back off the misses.

Good choice of subject, something i can do very easily (insomnia FTW) :)

Oh great another one that I've just taken some great shots of and can't use them. Looks like this time I will make sure that there is no car in it as I never do well in this competition.

Hi again guys :) I took this earlier this morning.. This will be my entry if i dont manage anything else in the meantime! Thanks.

3803622830_13d84c1ba2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Did these saturday morning, not sure if i like these more than the sunrise but ill put these here and see what you guys think, thanks :)

3811245180_cbc6c2e6c8_b.png

3810441267_bdda0287cf_b.jpg

Focius ST
first time entering one of these just so happens i was camping last weekend got woke up before sunrise so took a few pics really quick this would be my favourite

ENTRY
entry.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
As usual Manchester has been covered in cloud and/or rain every time I've thought about getting out with the camera. Might have to plan a little roadtrip somewhere, although I've a job interview coming up on Wednesday, so it may well end up being a last gasp Wednesday evening attempt.

Really liking some of the entries so far, looks like it's going to be a tough one to call.