ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Services

Skoda Fabia VRS
I thought I would poke my nose in here again, I also haven't been as active as previous times.

Basically I'm trying to push myself to get out there Photography wise and make something of myself. I've done a couple of private car 'shoot's, and the feedback has been really positive from them. Now I'll admit, I am so far off a professional level, and have tremendous amounts of improvements to make, but it's got me thinking. Everyone has started somewhere, and I feel as though I'd like to jump aboard and go somewhere with this. I've had a couple of friends say they want a little private 'shoot' done on their car, in exchange for an undecided sum. One question is, how do I, or should I, be getting myself out there? I upload the albums to my Facebook profile, and I've also created a Facebook page to just publicly post them onto. I understand I'm not going to get X amount of people finding me and asking for Photo's all at once, but any sort of tips are greatly appreciated. Shooting for friends is fine, but I'd like to broaden my horizon a little bit.

It seems like an awkward question this next one, but I'd like some advice price wise on pictures/shoots like the below. The two boys I did photos for recently were more than happy to pay £40 for the Photo's, which I think being an Amateur is good price. Obviously the further I drive, fuel get's taken into account. This specific shoot, the boys lived about 30 seconds away, and the rolling shots were taken in eachothers vehicles.

Approximately 2 hours per shoot, static/rolling shots, 25-30 images depending, and then about 3 hours editing.
28293251053_c8157847bb_z.jpg

28803694692_96ee543353_z.jpg

28623480870_15d2657da4_z.jpg

28877295376_5373943173_z.jpg

28290925334_71505faf9e_z.jpg

28623405070_3bd0b7cd95_z.jpg

Advice, criticism, links, feedback is all greatly appreciated.
Joe.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
They look really good mate! I wish I could take them that good... slowly trying to improve myself but it doesn't seem to be happening lol. Sorry I can't really help with your question though!

Skoda Fabia VRS
They look really good mate! I wish I could take them that good... slowly trying to improve myself but it doesn't seem to be happening lol. Sorry I can't really help with your question though!

@SharkyUK i think knows a bit about this stuff

I may be wrong though. Pics looks good by the way
Thanks both!
I'm just looking for any sort of tips to get out there, without begging/fishing and looking desperate.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Start an Instagram account too

For £40 I wouldn't start charging just yet, build your portfolio then once you feel you're at a more pro level go from there

Skoda Fabia VRS
Start an Instagram account too

For £40 I wouldn't start charging just yet, build your portfolio then once you feel you're at a more pro level go from there
That's currently what I'm trying to do mate, because as for now, I haven't shot a whole lot of vehicles.
I've got about 7/8 people wanting shots of their cars, and I've also been invited to tag along to an oldschool American muscle drive on a Sunday next weekend, which should have a wide variety of cars attending.

1.2 clio dynamique
Photos look good man, personally id charge £35, sounds less and chances are you'll end up taking home £40 anyway :)

Light painting is a great thing to branch into if you're looking to big up your game ect!

What sorta kit do you use btw? I've recently bought a few nd filters to play about with :)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Skoda Fabia VRS
Photos look good man, personally id charge £35, sounds less and chances are you'll end up taking home £40 anyway :smile:

Light painting is a great thing to branch into if you're looking to big up your game ect!

What sorta kit do you use btw? I've recently bought a few nd filters to play about with :smile:

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Tbh, the only real reason for £40 is a random number the two boys I did the recent shoots for mentioned. They both said they'd be happy to pay that, and both really understood that it's not just 'point, click, boom'.

That's something I'm looking to branch into eventually, I've only recently starting looking into it properly!

Canon 750D with the Sigma 50mm F1.8L mainly, other than that the OEM 18-55mm kit lens (I believe?), which is what the rolling shots were taken with. :)
I'm looking into ND filters, but I feel as though I should invest in a different lens possibly...

Thanks for the compliment also buddy!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd just think of a value that you'd get out of bed for and charge that.

£10 ph while starting? Just to cover a little bit of time and effort

Then up it once you get a decent amount of interest, start taking longer and generally being more professional

Skoda Fabia VRS
I'd just think of a value that you'd get out of bed for and charge that.
Not a bad way to think about it considering it'll all be after work, or in my free time none the less.
£10P/H would work out at around £50, which I think is possibly too much for my Photo's, but then adding fuel into the occasion (as someone from Hereford want's a shoot on their new Type R), that'll be me doing 100 odd miles.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Not a bad way to think about it considering it'll all be after work, or in my free time none the less.
£10P/H would work out at around £50, which I think is possibly too much for my Photo's, but then adding fuel into the occasion (as someone from Hereford want's a shoot on their new Type R), that'll be me doing 100 odd miles.

That was purely a ballpark figure, work out a price for a worst case scenario: large mileage, a lot of photos and photography/editing time and work back from that.

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
I have a few friends that are professional photographers, they all charge £25.00 per hour inc travel and £1.25 per mile for fuel. They are all bloody good and run workshops to help you progress in the photo world. They boost their money by doing prints, canvas etc.

Cheers for the responses guys, given me more to think about and look up other people's ideas. :smile:

I have a facbook page set up (horses not cars) and its getting me business. Also gives you info about how many people you posts have reached etc. Its free and easy to keep people updated with pics, prices etc.