ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photos from Crete

Ian

Focus TDCi
Hey guys,

as some of you may know if you read the previous entry on the blog, I've just got back from a week in Crete. It was the first foreign holiday for me in over three years and an extremely welcome one at that!

We stayed in the Phaedra Beach Hotel on the outskirts of Malia. First impressions weren't great as it seemed like the anti-thesis to modern hotel design, but once we got to know it better we couldn't really fault it and it was clear that things were just beginning to warm up for the summer season.

Just a few photos but hope you like them. :)

Crete-140-of-3012.jpg

>> BLOG ENTRY <<

Thanks,
Ian

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cheers Andy. :) Erm, probably not as many as you might think. Of the ones on the blog I'd say it's half and half between the Sigma 24-70mm and the 50mm. One or two with the 70-200mm. Thinking of swapping the Sigma though, it's not quite right for me.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ha yeah, how cool is that! :) Could have spent all summer in Chania tbh, such an awesome place - something interesting happening around every corner and seriously laid back. Shame to only be there for an hour or two really. Plus there's a shop by the harbour which makes amazing crêpes with strawberries lol.

Cupra
I really like the colours on this one:

Crete-155-of-3011.jpg

Do you get vignetting from the 24-70 on the 5? I read somewhere that it can be a problem.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol damnit Andy on two counts!

1. You're not supposed to be able to copy the images from the blog - you been looking at the source code?

2. You're not supposed to pick that one out.. it's one of the photos I've edited, most of the others are straight from camera.

Hell yeah, tons of vignetting, it's a pain. I love the focal length, but the vignetting and the quality of the optics puts me off. The 50 and 70-200 are clearly a level above in my eyes. Not sure whether to try the Canon version, or get the 35mm, 85mm or 135mm(<3). Or chop it all in for a D700 and 50mm.

Cupra
Sorry, I'll leave the rest on your site. :)

1) Firefox/ Web developer toolkit/ Disble javascript = right click enabled.

2) Sory again. It does stand out on the page though!

The Canon version is probably a decent step up, but you do pay for it. I couldn't live with primes on a daily basis (although I'd make an exception for the 135L), I dislike having to change lenses over when I am out and about.

D700 gets my vote TBH. It's an amazing bit of kit!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ha no worries mate, just wondered how you'd done it. I'll let you off as you're tech savvy. :p

Yeah I'm really torn tbh. Buy the 24-70mm when I already have one, buy the 35mm when it aint meant to be that good (the non-L) or buy the 85mm or 135mm when I already have the focal lengths covered (admittedly only at f/4). If I didn't already have so much Canon stuff I'd have the D700 tomorrow. Who knows eh.. I'll figure something out.