ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request - cold air feeds

Bumblebee
Looking for the best place for my viper cold air feed. Inspiration please people!!!;)

Thanks in advance

J

BMW E46 330i Touring
I know you're Mk2, but effectively the same place on your's is always a good bet. Or just to the side through the bottom 'grill'...

6small.gif

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Ive got no decent pic's but if you remove the acoustic valve and run a length of hose down into the wheel arch, there is a very handy vent where the arch runs parallel to the road. Purfic.

BMW F31
^^^^^thats where my mine gets its air from, i find it's ok but looking into making my own custom induction kit with aluminium and silicone bends etc,then i basically stick the filter down near the arch grill ;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
looking good brian, what brakes are they?

jamie

Aye, it is one of the nicest clio's going (even better in the flesh!)

Tho iirc you said the bremos didnt actually make that much difference? :rasp:

Lol! Yeah, like I said, I'm probably too used to them now and you kind of get reminded they are there when you 'use' them - which I don't very often! lol! If that makes sense!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
John - Cheers, Thats not a problem, although I don't have any pics of the engine bay as there isn't much to see apart from the filter and a load of dirt! :eek: but I can take some on sat if you like.

MOFO - Piping came from Demon Tweeks, unsure of size I used but will check and get back

brian you havent got a silly massive exhaust on it have you? wouldnt mind a look myself at some exterior photos, if you have time and dont mind of course, turbodurbo@msn.com if you please.

cheers, jamie

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Hears mine, you can see the chrome pipe in the lower grill

Attachments

• Engine 2.JPG
    Engine 2.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 108
  My trusty lil 182 :)
Might be a stupid question but how did all you guys get the feed down to the front grill? looked really tight in my engine bay, didn't think i could get a decent size pipe down.

Leon Cupra 300
What happens if you go through a deep puddle and a load of water shoots up the cold air feed?

VRS
What happens if you go through a deep puddle and a load of water shoots up the cold air feed?

the top of my feed isnt attatched to my maxogen. it just points at it from about 6inches below so i dont have any issue with slurping up water lol

winterclean001.gif

Iceberg 172
yup very nice car brian. I've never seen you around brentwood though. I used to live in shenfield a few years ago so I still waffle around that way on occasion :)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
yup very nice car brian. I've never seen you around brentwood though. I used to live in shenfield a few years ago so I still waffle around that way on occasion :)

Cheers! I actually live just outside of Brentwood, nearer to Ongar really and don't venture into Brentwood in me car very often tbh. Now me car has retired in the garage during the week aswell - Shame really:dapprove:

Maz

LY 200
Might be a stupid question but how did all you guys get the feed down to the front grill? looked really tight in my engine bay, didn't think i could get a decent size pipe down.

Removed the valve etc to fit the feed wich is longer than the standard one you get with the induction kits :)

Iceberg 172

Cheers! I actually live just outside of Brentwood, nearer to Ongar really and don't venture into Brentwood in me car very often tbh. Now me car has retired in the garage during the week aswell - Shame really:dapprove:

Ah thats prob why then. I go out to stondon massey once a week, some fun roads around that way but can be a bit unforgiving! I'm in the same boat really, i used to drive everyday but now i commute to the city on the train so I only get to drive once or twice a week now. Its hard to justify the cost of me keeping the car when i use it so rarely. Still, at least when i do drive its off peak so i can enjoy it :approve:

VRS
the feed ran up from the lower grill, through where the acoustic valve used to be and ending up pointing at the viper! i didnt connect it to the viper after reading the pro and cons of doing so on here. instead i had it so that the cold air was supplied just in front of the viper. this was the best setup for me at the time :) i used the viper tubing as well as additional ducting bought from motorworld, it was alloy tubing and was flexible as well as being really strong so it couldnt be crushed like the cheaper alloy ducting which is on the market

pic:
march015.gif

80MPG BEEZA
the feed ran up from the lower grill, through where the acoustic valve used to be and ending up pointing at the viper! i didnt connect it to the viper after reading the pro and cons of doing so on here. instead i had it so that the cold air was supplied just in front of the viper. this was the best setup for me at the time :) i used the viper tubing as well as additional ducting bought from motorworld, it was alloy tubing and was flexible as well as being really strong so it couldnt be crushed like the cheaper alloy ducting which is on the market

pic:
march015.gif

you can cut cum of the silcone bend down so you can actually attach the air feed to the filter or aim it more towards it anyways i've got mine attached for full effectivness but beware of heavy rains that make rivers in the middle of the road - not a good experince i tell you