ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic request - fk coilover units

anyone got a pic like this of their 172 FK coilovers?

DSCF0001.jpg

no mate.. wanting to see what the difference is between the 172 mounts and the 182 mounts.. i know the bolt spacing needs opening 4mm to fit 172coilies onto a 182, but wondered where it needed opening.. i.e. both holes elongating out 2mm, or one 4mm or whatever..

wonder if those photos on ktec are generic or an actual 172 kit.. as the shape of the holes are different to the 182 leda.. top one is round and bottom is elongated on the 182 ledas..

but cant really tell. lol

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
the ones at the top look to fit both, its exactly what i did to make my 182 gaz ones fit my 172

so benji, im guessing you elongated just the lower hole UPWARDS 4mm then to reduce it from 58 to 54mm spacing?

therefore a set of FK's for a 172 would need the lower hole elongating downwards to stretch it to 58mm from 54mm??

the FK's on the ktec site look like if the lower hole is elongated downwards it wouldnt leave much left of the mounting bracket!

Maz

LY 200
I bought a set of FKs for my 182 and had this problem with the bolt spacing and to be honest, I was told that any mod to them could:

a) be dangerous and
b) effect the life time guarantee that they come with..

so that’s why I decided to sell mine.. :)

Maz said:
I bought a set of FKs for my 182 and had this problem with the bolt spacing and to be honest, I was told that any mod to them could:

a) be dangerous and
b) effect the life time guarantee that they come with..

so that’s why I decided to sell mine.. :)

they have to say that though. 2 pairs of FK's in your lifetime if you was veryunlucky is still cheaper than a set of leda's.. LOL

as benji says it LOOKS like the leda coilover at the top has elongated lower holes to fit both types ?

awaiting reply from FK anyway about making a 182 one.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ depends when/how the 1st set break, you might not get the second chance.

Unlikley I know, I wouldnt risk it personally. Would just buy a set of GAZ

adtmits said:
^^ depends when/how the 1st set break, you might not get the second chance.

Unlikley I know, I wouldnt risk it personally. Would just buy a set of GAZ

id rather keep it standard than buy the gaz ones.. i hear they give a really harsh ride.

or save longer and get the overpriced leda's.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I heard for £30 they will soften the dampening on them

GAZ= good value for money imho.

How do you adjust the camber on the FKs.

On the Ledas the top bolt, on the picture in your post, when turned pushes the hub in and out which sets the angle of the wheel.

I imagine if you are re-drilling the holes you need to be really careful not to effect camber settings.

I think I would give the GAZ a miss. Although I have not tried them I did have some on order through KTEC and specced some different spring rates to standard. I was waiting for them for about 7 weeks before I cancelled them, KTEC blamed GAZ for not delivering. Poor customer service. Although saying that what about these.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1776.

You could also look at the leda/muki suspension, and get a set developed for a cupped 182.

I personally would not drill the coilovers out as a failure would be nasty. Its one of those things you would probably get away with it but is it worth the slight risk.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
GuyS said:
so benji, im guessing you elongated just the lower hole UPWARDS 4mm then to reduce it from 58 to 54mm spacing?

therefore a set of FK's for a 172 would need the lower hole elongating downwards to stretch it to 58mm from 54mm??

the FK's on the ktec site look like if the lower hole is elongated downwards it wouldnt leave much left of the mounting bracket!

thats exactly what i did. in my proffesional opinon its not dangerous so long as you do it properly, in the same respect as FK elongate their top hole to give camber adjustment. i've elongated the bottom hole to allow diferent fitment. simple
some company's will elongate the hole on your standard strut to give camber adjustment.
ford only use one bolt and a hook an slot system
nuff said