ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic request of Lamin-X

BG182FF
Hi peeps, was just wondering if anyone that has had any Lamin-X done to post some pics up please and what colour you chose? e.g. headlights, fog lights, or even tail lights. thanks in advance

My 172;

40856_453295589458_778874458_6211228_770166_n.jpg

BG182FF
sorry about the threads, my computer froze and i pressed submit too many times WHOOPS :(

Ive looked through search but cant find any that im looking for. Wanting to cover my headlights like Jesus has done.

Subtle tint. It's the only picture I got! I ripped it off after a week as it started bubbling and peeling.

It's definitely a 2/3 man job. You need heat to bend the film around the curvature of the light, in both directions.

The reason mine went funny was because I applied it, then fitted them straight away. If you're doing it I'd recommend fitting the film as above, leaving it indoors overnight so the cold air doesn't 'harden' the film and crease it like mine did, then fit them the next day. I'd never do it again to a Clio though as it was a pain in the arse and a waste of £40. This was only because the lights are a s**t shape to work with.

It worked a lot better on my Impreza. Here is a pic on the rear lights - looks a lot more OEM because the lights are flat and easy to work with;

24523_401265769458_778874458_4876517_2892353_n.jpg

Can Lamin X be fitted without removing fogs? Or do they need to come out to get a decent fit? Also is Lamin X the only tint film worthy of putting your money into?

Currently debating fog blanks for my 182 but tint film is an alternative option for me

Yes, but just remove them. Lamin-x is the only one worth buying yes - all others are s**t and won't work at all. Be careful with it - it's expensive stuff!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lamin-x is also protective not just a colour "toy" its the stuff they use on race cars also so its the top stuff.

back lights...

_MG_1316.jpg

my fogs are also done, last year i did have it on my headlights but it looks fuckin hidious.

Took the advice on here... Purchased lamin-x from Andy-Foz in the classified ads. Posted it today, so I'll see if I can get it fitted one evening this week before FCS for some pics

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Few of the flamer both headlights and fogs done in gun smoked, took it off for MOT and never managed to get it back on ....

img3177f.jpg

img3181v.jpg

img3178s.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lol at taking it off n expecting it to go back on, it would of passed an MOT with it on it doesnt reduce the effectiveness just slightly n i mean slightly changes the colour.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Lol at taking it off n expecting it to go back on, it would of passed an MOT with it on it doesnt reduce the effectiveness just slightly n i mean slightly changes the colour.

1. Im hardly gonna re-apply it after taking it off, I bought enough to do a few cars and still have a bit left over.

2 It would not go through MOT with it on, I dont know what the story is wherever you are but over here cars actually have to be road legal to pass and seeing as gun smoked reduces your vision considerably it would be a fail and a waste of money.

BG182FF
thanks for the pics, keep them coming :) anyone got smoked on black car? foglights and headlights maybe?

Did my smoked ones last night. Excuse filthy car and polish residue on plastic trim :eek: will all be cleaned up for FCS this weekend

m_Fog1.jpg

m_Fog2.jpg

m_Fog3.jpg

m_Fog4.jpg

Happy with them now, woke up this morning and found the edges had started peeling where I left a bit too much excess so I went to work on them tonight with the hairdryer and hoping they will stick for good now :)

Edit.... Definately gonna consider doing my fog surrounds satin black to match my upper grill now I've seen those!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
But shitter, Jesus posted exactly what youve just asked for akfm1.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Lamin-x is also protective not just a colour "toy" its the stuff they use on race cars also so its the top stuff.

back lights...

_MG_1316.jpg

my fogs are also done, last year i did have it on my headlights but it looks fuckin hidious.

is that red tint film mate? i like it :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Thanks bud, well it depends on how much of the light you want to do. I only did the centre and cant for the love of god remember how big.

For the fogs i remember getting 12x12 though.

S23

The Cleee-O
I've done mine on the fogs and a little bit on the headlights

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7640.jpg

Got some more to do my headlights, just need to buy a set of black ones to do it on aha.

Last edited: