ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request.. Xenons.. Turned on..

Megane Mk4
lol .... good idea! ;) ... nope she wants to tag along.. but I just asked her what she'd say if I wanted to go on a meet without her and she said no problem..

Besides.. if all else fails, I know for a fact the clio boot is just big enough for one! ..
mates and stag-do's !! pmsl ;)

Mégane RS
CIMG2260.jpg

There not quite that blue

Last edited:
  Yamaha R6
^^ I think they're around the 300+ mark.. well Has's were.. and yep.. they can be legal IIRC.

Last edited:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
carbon copy said:
how hard are they to fit Vinny?

and ar they legel for MOT time?

thanks!

There a lil bit tricky to fit - i had to completely mod my light fitting.

If you dont get them in properly u will have what happened to me, being ever so slightly out they will refelct in other drives faces!!! which DOES draw attention to the cops.

I had to spend numerous house infront of a light meter getting beam settings right.

Normally they dont pass the MOT, but if setup spot on you maybe lucky, mine passed as i used my existing light unit which still threw a beam pattern out.

mine cost me £495 at the time (genuine kit)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
Do what I'm doing ... drag her with you .... Just dont let her map read!! pmsl ;)

huh? am i missing something here aust1n? where does sweet talking me come into anythin? :/ *confused* :(

Mégane RS
Yeah they are legal and they will pass a mot no probs as long as they arent overly blue or any other colour. they are not that hard to instal and imo are much brighter than normal bulbs. The police have no problems with it as they have 6000k bulbs, the police are more intrested in stopping people with there fog lights on or people with them really blue normal bulbs off ebay

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i hate xenons, theyre far too bright sometimes on these big posh cars, really stun u when theyre in your mirror

Maz

LY 200
mrscyberblob said:
i hate xenons, theyre far too bright sometimes on these big posh cars, really stun u when theyre in your mirror

I love mine they look mint :approve:

Renault clio&laguna
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
where you from?
I'm from Poland
the cars I show all belong to KRC members, the polish clio club

ps there was a discussion about xenon lights in mk2 ph2/3 in our club's forum and some people consider taking these:
http://moto.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=69519725
the seller claims that he has a full offer of xenon lights for different models. This auction has ended but the contact number is still awailable, the price 1600 pln is smaller than the price for xenon lights You pay while buying a new clio at polish dealerships. 1 pound=more or less 5 pln

Last edited:
  Renault clio&laguna
Maz said:
I love mine they look mint :approve:
yeah but just amagine the reaction of those big car's drivers when they see xenons behind them so they let the car behind to overtake, expecting that it's something bigger and more espensive -and what they see is...clio :D
some people are still very surprised seeing a car like that having xenon lights

ps You people have really nice cars here :)

I think you all have your head up your arse RE: Xenons.

99% of people dont care, dont know what a Xenon even is, and they certainly wont think you have posh car if you have them, much less notice when the 'Clio' drives past with them. They might pull out in front of you because your lights just randomly flashed them though.

Renault clio&laguna
have a point here
but still, there are people who are aware of the details like that ;)
My opinion of them as lights is like this:
-Like to have them because they really bright and night driving is more comfortable
-don't like to have them ...in a car opposite mine, flashing right in my eyes on a narrow road in the night... that makes me blind for a second and I hate that