ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistonheads St Neots Meet

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
A bitterly cold sunday in St Neots isn't often so appealing but the local Pistonheads meet rarely gets such a good turnout. There's usually a good turnout for a monthly meet but it wasn't expected to be added to on a snowy February morning.
There was lots more there including 2 x M2's, GTR's, Evora 400, M3's, M5, VXR8 and other nice bits but I didn't get pictures of these.
I still struggle to look past the murcielago even with all this exotica here as it is just absolutely fantastic, he's a regular and its a joy to see each month
Anyway, numb hands don't help with photos so they aren't fantastic!

32815900706_f3b0bb0f1f_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-1 by Euan94, on Flickr
32042210313_4ab7fe7ec9_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-3 by Euan94, on Flickr
32815899256_4aeb8bf55a_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-4 by Euan94, on Flickr
32042209603_13b2c3a8cb_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-5 by Euan94, on Flickr
32733223861_9e12fbdc93_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-9 by Euan94, on Flickr
32815895606_f633c3fc26_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-12 by Euan94, on Flickr
32042206603_6a609e5a5d_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-14 by Euan94, on Flickr
32475780260_438a1602e2_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-15 by Euan94, on Flickr
32042204813_662871a74a_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-18 by Euan94, on Flickr

One of the Clio to close, It also made it into the background of a pistonheads instagram post, I probably shouldn't care but I do!
32703338702_5e7cab26f9_z.jpg
Pistonheads - St Neots-21 by Euan94, on Flickr

Clio 197
Looks like a great meet! Whats up with all the moaning about the revving and launch control on PH though?

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Looks like a great meet! Whats up with all the moaning about the revving and launch control on PH though?
It's a difficult one really, people have overreacted massively and what happened was really tame, a McLaren did a couple of launches but it was in a car park so not really appropriate and a very loud Gallardo revved quite a lot.
In reality it was nothing but the location is a car park for a park and is in the middle of the town so we don't want to annoy locals and be asked not to come back as it's a good meet.

There's a balance to be found between grumpy f*****s and chavs in supercars, but most of them were perfectly fine really.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
That DB11! Hnnnggg
Nice pics.
It got a really mixed reaction the DB11, there was another there in grey that didn't look as good.

A lot of people preferred the older astons that were there, V12 Vantage looked so much better IMO

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It got a really mixed reaction the DB11, there was another there in grey that didn't look as good.

A lot of people preferred the older astons that were there, V12 Vantage looked so much better IMO
I wasn't too sure at first, but I've watched a couple of recent awesome video reviews, Harrys Garage and Drivetribe I think, and taken a real good warming to them. Plus, it was added to Forza Horizon recently and whoops ass online :grimacing:.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
It's usually the second Sunday of the month, Definitely worth coming along too, usually gets some interesting cars along.

What's the postcode? You can PM it to me if you like, I live close by so would like to check it out.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
@Rojer
Ambience Cafe, Riverside Car Park, St Neots, PE19 7SA
Can also check the Beds, Bucks and Herts section of pistonheads for confirmation of when more are arranged but as said, it's usually the second Sunday of the month.

It's worth saying that this was an exceptional turnout! But it's normally just a low key friendly thing to grab a coffee at and have a look at a load of different cars.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Popped across to this again today. Didn't take my camera unfortunately but another great turnout. Couple of phone pictures.
IMG_2210.JPG
IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2213.JPG