ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Players.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So rammed this year. I was a bit confused as to why there was so much hype for this years show, and then shocked to see how many people came. TBH I prefer quality over quantity and I fear the standard may be slipping a little. Also little organisation, cars were just crammed where they could fit. HOWEVER, still had a good day and took a s**t load of random pics of different stuff on show.

I jumped in the Z3 with Zi, and we left at about 6am. Met a friend or two on the way.

7993205696_de23616f81_z.jpg

Early morning. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993203574_47a8a55c89_z.jpg

Audi 80 Sport. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993190681_dfb37ee545_z.jpg

Splitty. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993188683_be738068a3_z.jpg

TT. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993186633_199b3a3779_z.jpg

Old School Lineup. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993194778_0759b545b0_z.jpg

Vintage interior. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993192524_c116c6752c_z.jpg

Renault van. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993179923_da04f5c0ed_z.jpg

MK5 Golf. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993177551_490936ca71_z.jpg

5 Series. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993185542_67fd38eafd_z.jpg

Bora. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993173323_05ef739ef2_z.jpg

MK2 Golf. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993169597_83752c0350_z.jpg

MK6. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993177758_63af790352_z.jpg

German MK2. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993175464_0890fdbe64_z.jpg

Diablo. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993173374_cd73969b2e_z.jpg

Z3 Parking only. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993160557_1df285e6b2_z.jpg

Tuttle's E46 Rolling. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7993158367_5f1306dd53_z.jpg

Hitchcock's A4 rolling. Players. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. :)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Not been before, was a good day but agree completely regarding the organisation, or lack thereof.

No doubt some good videos being edited for Vimeo as I type, as there were some serious looking rigs being moved around.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not been before, was a good day but agree completely regarding the organisation, or lack thereof.

No doubt some good videos being edited for Vimeo as I type, as there were some serious looking rigs being moved around.

Standard procedure this show season! Everyone has a glidetrack, or a rig. Even spoke to some lads who had the camera mounted to an RC car today LOL! What car were you in?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Rolled up in my mates Fabia, so my Clio wasn't one of the ones there today.

I saw a few rigs being used at Ultimate Dubs, but they were nothing compared to the two today which had counterweights and all sorts of other jazz attached.

Did you see the remote control cars drifting in the hangar? They were awesome!

SQ5
Was a great show, my first time. As you say Jason it does look like the standards have slipped going by media of events in the past.

Was impressed with the size of it though and I could of walked round for hours longer, still didn't see everything.

The massive rig on wheels was Stephen Brooks I believe.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Is it wrong that I like this more than everything else? :eek:
I just wish it didn't have the stickers and all the sh*te on the roof.

7993192524_c116c6752c_z.jpg

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Dave you'd have loved it there. There was a load of guys on the beer as soon as they arrived at 11am. Not sure any of them puked on their shoes though ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
And if you like a bit of green there was a whiff of that every 10 minutes! Lol!

I know, not nearly as much as at most VW shows. Normally you're getting high off proxy at shows like Edition.

Also, I had a pint for breakfast since I wasn't driving.

Disastra Coupe
We enjoyed it too... First time i've been Players and i'd agree that the organisation wasn't great! Some nice cars though!

Not even grabbed my camera out my bag so i might start on the pics tomorrow :)

DB.

BMW 440i
People are really going all out to copy the yanks with the old show scene video's on Vimeo these days!

Rolled up in my mates Fabia, so my Clio wasn't one of the ones there today.

I saw a few rigs being used at Ultimate Dubs, but they were nothing compared to the two today which had counterweights and all sorts of other jazz attached.

Did you see the remote control cars drifting in the hangar? They were awesome!

Did you not see mine at CSS? Although I only had it out for about 5minutes with all the rain. I impressed Tom and Dan.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Negative! :(
They are wicked things. Another guy had a lowrider one that popped the front up.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
disappointed i missed it, especially as i am now alot closer, good to not be working up there though,
by the sounds of it, its getting far too big too quick - ie the mis-organisation, i was made aware this year alot more brands were there - ie the maxxis truck....

however i have posted the speedhunters coverage on my Fb and stated that i need an interesting car again.... miss this side of things

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I want to make a gay scene video :dapprove:

I have this idea in my head of doing stupid scene style video of something totally mundane. Like sitting in McDonalds having a Big Mac whilst the camera is glide railing around us and s**t.

And Neil, DO IT.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I have this idea in my head of doing stupid scene style video of something totally mundane. Like sitting in McDonalds having a Big Mac whilst the camera is glide railing around us and s**t.

And Neil, DO IT.

We'll make it happen. Anything is cool with a gliderail and a sans serif typeface.

1.2 16v
Love the vid! Watched it loads, wish I'd gone down now, was contemplating it but didn't! :(

Definitely one to consider for next year, depending how much moneys left, considering I might be going to Gatebil!