ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS racing exhaust manifold

Clio 172
Yeah good bit of kit tbh. What you wanting to know? @JKING3008
Hi bud
Wondering how much of a gain you will get on a N/A engine as it says most suited to an engine with ITB's. Mine has the high lift cams and ported/polished inlet but not the ITB's.
How easy is it to have fitted, as it also says will need to modify the exhaust?
Many thanks!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Could be wrong but I thought you couldn't run one of these with standard manifold as there physically isn't enough room?

Does look like a lovely piece of kit though

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
This is from Pures web site,
The manifold cannot be fitted with the standard inlet manifold as the primary pipes come over the rear of the engine so that we could get the required length into the engine bay. You will have to have individual throttle bodies.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
This is from Pures web site,
The manifold cannot be fitted with the standard inlet manifold as the primary pipes come over the rear of the engine so that we could get the required length into the engine bay. You will have to have individual throttle bodies.
Thats right.
I do have another good friend @gambit who has this with the standard manifold , you do however have to angle grind the intake manifold coil pack holder off for it to fit. Another option is to buy an SM Inlet.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
I love this manifold peace of art for the car..
Does surprise me on the price though but i suppose you pay for the best!

For the time being i'll be sticking with a 182 mani on my 172 cup

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
IMG_7945.JPG
I'd buy one just for the sound

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
love it, but fair whack of cash and not sure if I could get it to fit the Mk1 or not tbh

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
love it, but fair whack of cash and not sure if I could get it to fit the Mk1 or not tbh

Would never pass between the bulk head and subframe on a mk1 i don't think. Isnt the 172 manifold a tight squeeze with a 1*2 engine in?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Any benefit from running the 197 inlet and how much work was it to do so?
You need to combine it with a lot of other expensive stuff to see the true benefits. Fitting it requires the use of a 197 head as well, and this needs a small amount of work to suit the 1*2 block.

That engine build in my pic made 230hp. Combine the right bits and that's the end result.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
It's not too bad for clearance tbh, think it'd make that but I reckon clearance behind engine to bulkhead would be an issue.
Would never pass between the bulk head and subframe on a mk1 i don't think. Isnt the 172 manifold a tight squeeze with a 1*2 engine in?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Thats right.
I do have another good friend @gambit who has this with the standard manifold , you do however have to angle grind the intake manifold coil pack holder off for it to fit. Another option is to buy an SM Inlet.

Do you mean fitted the PMS manifold with the standard inlet? Any pics? Where did he mount the coil pack?

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Yes I have attempted it and it's still a work in progress ;) but at present there is not enough clearance between the rear of manifold and the headers unfortunately , it may in the end still only be possible with ITBs, RS2 or SM inlet type manifold.