ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polaroid?

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Can you still buy films for them?
I've got one lying about.. and feel all inspired by a degree show exhibition I saw a few years bout to start scrapbooking and stuff with it.

I've seen them on ebay but wondered if they were avails on the high street?

x

Ian

Focus TDCi
They started selling again I think, H. Not sure it's available on the high street, but I know where I can find out. Back in a mo. :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't actually see any of it for sale (I'm not talking about Polaroid in general, but the Polaroid cameras that slide a single photo out as soon as you take it).

Regardless, I imagine even if they have stopped them, there will still be shed loads of the stuff in circulation.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Right I'm no expert but..

Polaroid stopped making it in 2008 and it's fast running out, as far as I can make out. Your best bet is eBay. There is a company who have bought all the Polaroid machinery and plan to start making film again in 2010. http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

However, some Fuji sheets should fit if you have the right type of Polaroid camera. It very much depends on which model you own.

Hope you get sorted, love Polaroid snaps!

Megane Mk4
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't actually see any of it for sale (I'm not talking about Polaroid in general, but the Polaroid cameras that slide a single photo out as soon as you take it).

Regardless, I imagine even if they have stopped them, there will still be shed loads of the stuff in circulation.
I pointed the link out purely for the film as that was what the OP was asking for, not the camera's. I have an old school Polaroid Camera too and haven't used it for years, might look for film for it myself.

btw, interesting fact, 'shaking' the pictures during the process of development after taking it, damages the ink development process. Polaroid advise against it. ;)

The Mrs. has been after some of this for ages, can't find it anywhere other than eBay and that costs a bomb.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Yeah, it's not looking good.

The impossible project is good but I wouldn't like to run it as a business, as it's replying on the old polaroid cameras, and as soon as they start dying the consumer can't replace it and therefore wont need film. So it's dying, just very slowly.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Its a fairly new one I think, its blue and chunky and pops up at the top.

I like the way it develops and they look cool on the wall and stuff like a collage..

Ebay is gay :(

Ian

Focus TDCi
Sounds like a One600 then I think. I don't think any Fuji film will work with it; not sure what to suggest really. Might be worth looking into which Polaroid cameras can take film made by other manufacturers and buy one of them instead - could work out cheaper overall?

Not got a lot of time to look at the moment, but I'd maybe start here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_film#Fujifilm
Seems to list what is interchangeable..

Suzuki Ignis
If you can get over to Bolton, 'Mathers' still have some I think. I bought a batch a few months ago but its out of date. The photos come out fine though as it has been stored in a fridge.
I think it was about £10 a cartridge maybe less.

Mathers-01204 522186

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got a s**t load of it but its all gonna be used in medium format with a polaroid back... a jessops near me still had some in the other week...

Ian

Focus TDCi
Don't know if anyones interested, but just seen this:

"Polaroid will re-launch the legendary Polaroid One Step Camera and is therefore commissioning The Impossible Project to develop and produce a limited edition of Polaroid® branded Instant Films in the middle of 2010."

"Large-scale production and worldwide sale of The Impossible Project's new integral film materials under its own brand will already start in the beginning of 2010 - with a brand new and astonishing black and white Instant Film and the first colour films to follow in the course of the year."

Probably more accessible than the new Canon 1D mkIV lol.