ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polish and pad combo

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
My black ph1 is looking very dull with many swirls ect. I would like to have a go at polishing it with the DA polisher I have but don't really know where to start on what polish or pads to use, there's so many options and having never done it properly before I'm abit lost.

Not looking to do a full correction and as its my first real attempt so just something suitable to use with the polisher for a beginner.

Thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Orange pad with Carpro Essence would be my choice after using it bud.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Orange pad with Carpro Essence would be my choice after using it bud.
Saw your post, the car came up very nicely! Think I might have to give it a try, did you use both the Orange and white pads in the post or just recommend using the orange?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Saw your post, the car came up very nicely! Think I might have to give it a try, did you use both the Orange and white pads in the post or just recommend using the orange?
Thank you.

Yes I used both mate. [emoji106]

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My thoughts for beginners trying machine polishing have quickly changed to try carpro essence with either the orange or white carpro gloss it pads

When you're comfortable with the machine and technique you can then add carpro fixer polishing compound for that extra cut over essence

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got a Das6pro with the Autofinesse polishing kit, but I've butchered one of my pads. Anyone recommend some pads to go with the AF kit?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The AF stuff just doesn't seem to do a great deal either, but I think that's down to me. I always still have lots of small marks of swirling, and I can't get minor/average scratches out :(

Should I be doing all 3 stages?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Use the strongest cutting polish and pad and make sure you prime it properly.

An X of polish on the pad and then rubbed in by hand will be enough to prime it.

Work it on speed 5-6 until it goes clear. That should get rid of most of the deeper marks. Depending on how deep they are you might not be able to get them all out with it.

Finish with the fine polish to remove the swirls and back the speed down to say 3 for a final swirl free finish.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The autofinesse polishing compound and pads actually works really well together. Only thing I wasn't keen on was the amount dust given off.

If you've already got the kit continue with it until your get your technique sorted otherwise you can spend more money and not get any real benefit.