ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polishing the engine bay

Mercedes C Class Sport
How do you make the engine bay shiny? I want to polish my pipes but need advice on the best way to do it
can anyone help?

if you are talking about metal pipes then grab some AutoGlym metal polish (or similar) from Halfords.
heres mine
CIMG1299.jpg

Mercedes C Class Sport
if you are talking about metal pipes then grab some AutoGlym metal polish (or similar) from Halfords.
heres mine
CIMG1299.jpg
Thats some work mate well done!
I heard somewhere that you use like steel wool to brush over it before using the polish? Is this true or should i just whack the polish straight on?

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Anyone got any other tips for doing this - going to go and buy some steel wool and ag metal polish in a bit and get polishing!!

B

Brown.

you cant just put polish straight on, you have to spend a good few hours sanding with different grades of emry cloth ( sand paper for metal) starting with course then moving down to very bery very fine paper..... wet n dry for best results, its no simple task.... pays to remove the plenum totally to stop metal dust getting every where

your best bet is to take the fuel rail guard off and have a go at that first - as said above though it isnt a 10 min job - need numerous grades of wet and dry before using metal polish - expect bleeding fingers lol!
Some things like the air con pipes you can just use the metal polish as they are already pretty well polished.
The easiest and best finish would be achieved by finding a really good metal polisher - there is a guy in nottingham that is apparently really good/reliable (does what you ask) have a search on google

B

Brown.

its two bolts...you will need a ratchet with an extened adaptor to get in...

Mercedes C Class Sport
I had a bit of trouble finding it before. I'll have to have a look in the morning before the NW meet

B

Brown.

i assumed you had a 2.0ltr, sorry a not sure about the railguard on them

its the same fuel rail guard on most renaults of that era - meganes, scenics etc etc - I bought a spare from a breakers to do, cost me £20 I think