ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

POLL - who shud be mobile gatsoed

cupcake (si) and i were driving on a carriageway sat nite. both in different lanes doing different speeds but still si was close behind me.

a double flash went off from a mobile gatso but neither of us saw our speeds so we dont kno who got gatsoed

no1 wishes this on anyone (may need to correct that after comments) but it is 99% likely one of us got done.

so who do u think it shud be? cupcake or boyracer666?

both of us kno of this post have have agreed not to care bout the outcome

Jay

[Edited by boyracer666 on 26 July 2004 at 11:54am]

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 26 July 2004

thought if there was 2 cars close 2 each other they had to chuck out the picture?
no, they play eeeeniii miiniiiieee mo!

it was dark

didnt see if manned or not

i dont kno wot they do with 2 cars in the pic, hope they do throw it out, can anyone back this up with sum proof please

Jay

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Def. be both cares in shots with lots of brake lights. I think it was manned as there was a dark shaped saloon car with a small black box on legs on the side of the road.

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 26 July 2004

Def. be both cares in shots with lots of brake lights. I think it was manned as there was a dark shaped saloon car with a small black box on legs on the side of the road.
there cud even be another car in the shot who was doing the correct speed cos i was braking behind him but close ish

i actually cant wat for the pic-haha

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

A127 about 1 mile from the Junc. 29 of the M25. Annoyingly I am so careful along there because I know what they are like... moment of madness.

Ford Fiesta

dunno, havnt seen mobile gatso that flashes myself, just mobile laser traps.

Mobile radar gatsos not covered by some detectors thats all.

Ziel Nurburgring

didnt think mobile units had (Or needed flashes) as they are laser units. So must have been a fixed unit as the flash is intended for use with the lines painted on the road and wouldnt be legal if they just sprayed them on the road.

Dont know how the fixed unit and 2 cars things works, if the can see both plates i wouldnt be suprised to see both of you get done. Hope its neither though

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 26 July 2004

A127 about 1 mile from the Junc. 29 of the M25. Annoyingly I am so careful along there because I know what they are like... moment of madness.
cud have been worse-we were doing well over 100 at one point

it was ur fault bud, u were racing me ;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Its a mini gatso guys. Little black cube on 3 tripod legs... it was a gatso. It flashed twice... lol

Unfortunately, Id say that if the cars are side by side in pic 1 and still side by side in pic 2 then the photos will show that you were travelling at the same speed and you will both get done.

Just a thought, not backed up by anything.

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 26 July 2004

both in different lanes doing different speeds but still si was close behind me.

Should read things properly me, hope you both get off anyway

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

So come on people now weve established how they work... who should get stung... me or Jay.

Personally I think Jay does because, well a clean license is criminal! <<chuckles>>.

2004 1.2 Dynamique

i got flashed the other day 3more points in the next 2 years and im banned :(:(:(:(:( i drive round at 20 now its w**k

if you get the ticket through in the post, tear it up... 9 times out of 10 they wont follow it up with a second warning, so you get away with it. If they do send a second warning then pay it, simple!

ive done this, just torn one up and havent heard a peep since, and that was 7 months ago! They get sooo many speeding fines each day they wont follow all of them up, they just rely on people paying.

now for the flaming!......

good tip

but surely they must check or give u fines anyway

dont they give u a time period to send the money?

surely it wudnt b that simple to opssibly get let off

don't

yea i thought if u didnt pay within a certain time the fine went up???

i wouldnt know for sure ya see, as i never speed anywhere

yeah the fine does go up, but its whether or not they follow it up. Most of the time you can get away with it. Its worked for me once, just tore it up and heard nothin back.

Ive since started driving more sensibly. ;)

don't

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 26 July 2004

Ive since started driving more sensibly. ;)

yea course :) thats as believeable as me saying that i never speed :)

ok u may have slowed down a bit at first but doesnt take long 2 get back in2 the habit