ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor Nicole

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
So my lovely clio is currently sat on axle stands on my mates drive, set about the CV boot last night, but no way could we get the actuall CV off the end of the shaft. it just wasnt happening :( so at 11pm we gave up.

took the shaft home and my bro has taken it into work today.

not a happy bunny, luckly i have the golf i can use to get to work n back today, fingers crossed it gets sorted today

RB 200 Cup!
fingers crossed - like you say at least youve got another car to use. Hope you get it all sorted

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Sorry to hear tbh hun, hope it gets sorted soon! I have this problem I think, my CV's are completly knackered... and sound worse everyday! I did get a full shaft ordered, but due to some major banking c**k up... Im having to wait! Out of interest, how much work was involved in actually getting the shaft off?!

*giggles* at the un-intentional inuendo!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not that much really, just undoing bolts and stuff, but remember you will need to refull your gear box oil after, my CV is fine ( well it was before we started hammering the crap out of it, hopefully it will be reet once its regreased.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
aye but o well, when needs must n all that, then hopefully she will sail through the mot

Clio 200
might sound like a daft question but how do u tell they are going? am getting a weird noise when booting it in 1st gear

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
the last time i changed my cv boot i bought a new universal boot, turned it inside out and used a cone to stretch the new boot over the fat part of the drive shaft, did it on the car with out draining the gear oil or splitting the actual cv joint, messy job , but not impossible.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
might sound like a daft question but how do u tell they are going? am getting a weird noise when booting it in 1st gear

it had a split in the rubber boot,

we tried the whole stretchy thing, wasnt happening, all back together now, had a issue that the shaft hadnt sealed in the gear box and as we poured the 3rd bottle in in all started coming back out again, managed to catch about half a litre again, thinking there will still be a litre ish in there as the car was jacked up, just need to get say another 2 litres max tonight and stick it in