ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Popped out for a drive this lunchtime ...

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

... and borrowed this to blat about in :D

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1105019507__Picture15.jpg

Full marks to Inchape Renault in Southampton for letting me test drive it! They dont give many test drives, and itd be sat all shiny in their showroom for the last 4 months. Was taken straight back round to the valet bay when Id finished with it. The salesman complemented me on driving it as it deserved ... Id assumed the 128 miles was the trip mileage, but was the total so I probably gave it one of the best trashings its had in its short life where I was taking it up to 7krpm despite the wet roads.

Sadly they couldnt get to the price they needed to get to my busines, but were remarkable chilled about it. Was worried theyd be pissed off with me ... fact that the test drive was organized thru RenaultSport web-site probably helped since I didnt chose them, but Renault sorted it for me instead.

Will be ordering mine (in Red) tomorrow AM :D

Thats great news Andy, shame they couldnt come down to a decent price though :(

Whats the time frame for delivery on a V6 from your "other source"?

Octavia VRS

i really like that blue colour although the red is nice too (my clio is similar metallic red ;))

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Best they could do was Dealer Friends & Family ... which is a smaller discount that the Renault UK Friends & Family I can get somewhere else ... which still gets no where need the pre-reg prices. Appears that the standard "give" that Renault UK give them is only 7%!! :cry:

Hi andy where abouts in southampton are you from?

Im also from southampton (millbrook) and got my 182 cup in racing blue from inchcape on west quay road.

I recognise that petrol station aswell which is on millbrook road i believe.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Hi mosie ... reckon it falls to me to welcome you to the forum!! :)

I actually live a bit outside of the Soton in Hedge End. Lived there all my life in fact!

Is indeed the Shell station on Millbrook Rd. or might be Redbridge Rd. by then!? Test drive was down A33, up M271, then straight over to Romsey and A27, then A27 out of Romsey towards Ower (great bit of dual carriage way), then back to M27 down tiny bit of A36, then back via M271. Was good test drive!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by lifelong 172 on 06 January 2005

Where are you based

PM me what you want to pay.
if you can do me one for a tenner ill take it !.........in black please...;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Nah ... reckon Ill got for piss ... err ... acid yellow ;)

In all honesty this V6 colour choice has been doing my head in. Was going to be Red after seeing the original top gear review. Then decided on (rare for 255) Silver since car is then monochrome (well duo-chrome) with just black and silver bits. Now decided back on red ... reckon it will stand out well!?

Mini Cooper S sport

Andy Im soooooooooooo jealous! Red is a stunning colour, definitely the right choice (although James one is rather a nice colour too).

I bet you LOVED that test drive! Id love to have a go in one...

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Dont worry ... MB is already on a promise ...

... and Sawa ... and fUbAr ... and Nik :D

cant believe you were out and about that close yesterday lunchtime, I was at Chandlers Ford yesterday - in the Vee !!! although you would have put ours to shame, it was filthy after driving down in that crappy weather again yesterday!

you buying one from an "importer" then to get a better price - hmmm interesting!

I travel by that petrol station on my way into work.

Would love to do it in at V6 though. 10-12 weeks wait must be killing you

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 07 January 2005

you buying one from an "importer" then to get a better price - hmmm interesting!
Kathy ... will be a UK car ... just pre-registered. Being the 2nd owner on paper makes no odds to me at all since Im planning on keeping the V6 for the forseeable future.

Can i just ask, What the hell where you doing in a petrol station??

Tell me you were not putting petrol in it, and that you had to wipe your arse from the sh*t scary ride you had just had.

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 07 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 07 January 2005

Kathy ... will be a UK car ... just pre-registered. Being the 2nd owner on paper makes no odds to me at all since Im planning on keeping the V6 for the forseeable future.
ah, makes much more sense!!!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 07 January 2005

i bet the 172 feels slooooow now eh?

hope your looking after it for me ;)
172 still feels very fast ... even after stepping out the V6 it didnt feel slow. Different sort of delivery ... 2nd gear on cam in 172 is always going to be a great experience :D

Back to driving (very slightly) more sensibly again today ... dont want to hurt it now ;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 07 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 06 January 2005

Dont suppose youve got an interior picture have you Mike?
<snip>
Cheers Mike! Titanium Silver it is then :p

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by Guilbert on 07 January 2005

Can i just ask, What the hell where you doing in a petrol station??

Tell me you were not putting petrol in it, and that you had to wipe your arse from the sh*t scary ride you had just had.
Renault were putting petrol in it for me. Where the dont let it out of the showroom very much ... hadnt been moved for 4 months ... they dont keep much in the tank.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 07 January 2005

27k and the interior looks soooo cheap
Even cheaper than a 172/182 with all the extra tacky red plastic ;)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Its the only thing im not sure about with the red vee. Dont mind the gearbox / centre console bit, but Id rather the strips on the dash were silver.

Ive never really liked the cheap carbon fibre effect ones on the dash of my mk2 172 either. I much prefer the silver ones on my mums Dynamique! :confused:.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Lunchtime on Friday April 1st ok for you? :p

.....come on, that gives you 12 weeks to get it sorted!

Megane 225 baby! :)

Oooooh cant wait :D might even be persuaded to let you have a go in my 172 after youve had the V6 for a couple of months for nostalgic reasons! ;)

Inchcape always use that petrol station, all my test drives have involved there! lol