ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pos uch prob

Clio 172
Evening all
Right I need to know if I buy a 2nd hand UCH with same part number can I then get it cloned from the 1 that's going wrong
Then plug it in and away I go ?
Or do I need ECU & uch kit

Clio 182
You can relearn 2nd hand uch module, just get the right one. Uch 1, or 2,3,4 or really early ones were gb....

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@Doobury ^that's not right. You have to get a matching set; ecu, key fob, decoder ring and uch. A UCH can only learn if it's vigin. Don't worry about the part number so much but make sure it's whatever comes out of yours in terms of the "N" specification. If your car has a rain sensor it will need to be an N3 kit.

Clio 182
@Doobury ^that's not right. You have to get a matching set; ecu, key fob, decoder ring and uch. A UCH can only learn if it's vigin. Don't worry about the part number so much but make sure it's whatever comes out of yours in terms of the "N" specification. If your car has a rain sensor it will need to be an N3 kit.
Dont test me boy, worked for renault place and my boss did that, day in day out, 12 year reno master tech

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
guy on ebay repairs them i believe tachosoft used to be on here

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
can i ask if the drivers window switch is clicking by the glovebox,is that a uch fault

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
meh
cij7oo.jpg

If you can teach us how to relearn a second hand module that would be very helpful to a lot of people, me included.

Regardless. It would be cheaper for this chap to buy a replacement kit if the UCH were to blame. You can just reconfigure the UCH for the various functions of the car depending on spec but it would be best for you to get one from a car which matched your trim level.

Does the window go up and down or not? The UCH of course controls the windows so you do expect to hear a relay sound when using them if you really listen for it.

Volvo S60 T5
Only way to fit a used one is to remove the chip off the used unit and put the one from your original unit.
It's only a surface mount chip and if your anygood with a soldering iron should take around 20 to 30 mins to do.
Done loads of them with around a 90% success rate.

Clio 182
Your telling no one can do it, i know 2 tech with all the tools for this type of s**t. Find better mechanics where you live

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
meh
cij7oo.jpg

If you can teach us how to relearn a second hand module that would be very helpful to a lot of people, me included.

Regardless. It would be cheaper for this chap to buy a replacement kit if the UCH were to blame. You can just reconfigure the UCH for the various functions of the car depending on spec but it would be best for you to get one from a car which matched your trim level.

Does the window go up and down or not? The UCH of course controls the windows so you do expect to hear a relay sound when using them if you really listen for it.
hi the window is going down and then randomly not going up,makes a relay sound when trying to push it up,if i shut the door while pressing the key fob on and off the window goes up?

Volvo S60 T5
All the configuration and codes are stored on an 8 pin chip, can't remember what it's called . EEPROM if I remember correctly.
You can grab a dump file off it with a chip reader and put it on a new chip.
Easier just to swop.
If I get time I might do a guide to post up on how to do it.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Only way to fit a used one is to remove the chip off the used unit and put the one from your original unit.
It's only a surface mount chip and if your anygood with a soldering iron should take around 20 to 30 mins to do.
Done loads of them with around a 90% success rate.
I thought that was the only way Mike! You can't relearn and old one though is my understanding.

hi the window is going down and then randomly not going up,makes a relay sound when trying to push it up,if i shut the door while pressing the key fob on and off the window goes up?
Sounds like it matey. The windows work by reversing the polarity to the regulator so it sounds like that isn't working properly. odd!

Volvo S60 T5
No guide needed already on YouTube. ..
Search clio uch repair

Not tried pissing about with the code from a dump file , so can't say if it can be erased or not. You can get chassis number , immobiliser code and so on from it.
Not worth the hastle if it's just a swop over.
Same thing with steering locks on scenics and megane but they go for £50 now decoded so must be possible.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
everything else works fine could it be the regulator
Unplug the regulator and test the voltage going into the motor. If that's okay then could be the reg.

Cheers Mike. Good for doing keys defo.

Quick comment for the other guy. I've never used a mechanic in my life for any of the issues I've had with my various cars so am totally self taught at everything and have yet to come accross a problem I can't solve. Here we are all trying to be help others from our experiences and previous reading we've done. No need to be feisty.

Clio 182
Dont care what anyones on here says, but you can clone 2nd hand uch, there is software out there for it, iv seen it personally...