ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible driveshaft problem

clio 172 ph2
hi im hoping this isnt a major problem but knowing my luck it prob is. i pulled out of a junction the other day nice and steady and as i changed in to third i just lost all power. i coasted to a stop with the engine still running so i put it in to first and tryed to pull away and nothing. the engine seems to run fine and rev ok but put it in gear and try to move and nothing happens. im either thinking drive train somewhere or clutch there was no bangs or strange noises. any advice is apprieciated. thanx.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
is the diff circlip an easy fix then ive got a mechanic having a look tmw

easy to replace it yes but I think that if it pops in the first place then your diff is worn and it may happen again, not 100% sure on this though! Might be better off getting a low mileage late ph2 boz with a bolt in diff, no probs then.