ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible fix for key/immobiliser problem.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Threads have been posted by others and myself regarding problems starting the car, where the red light on the dials would either stay on red and not go out, or flash even faster than normal when trying to start the engine.

Now, upon examining my key, i have found that when i take out the chip from the key and look at the button on the chip that activates the central locking, on the right side of that
(with the copper transponder facing the top left as you hold it)
the soldering has cracked and there is ever-so-slight movement in the actual button on the chip.

As i stated in other posts, i had previously had to apply pressure to the keyfob button when trying to start the car, to deactivate the immobiliser. It seems to me that this pressure i was applying to the button caused the cracks in the soldering on the right of the switch on chip to contact.

So, i re-soldered the cracked solder on the switch and, hey presto! --- as good as new.

The only thing that gets me is that this button is for the central locking and doesnt seem to have any connection (when looking at the chip), to the copper transponder that received the immobiliser code from the car.

Sorry about the lengthy post (and my spelling)!:rasp:

Maybe it will work for one or two others that have this problem.