ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible fuel problem

X J07HAM

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 200/RS 182
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before or posted in wrong place.

My mk2 Clio (1.2 16v) was only turning over but not starting and was unsure on what the issue was due to me not being experienced with engines. My dad had a look for me and found out that when a pipe was unplugged from the back of the engine it would start but the engine would start to rev up so I put the pipe back on. (not sure if this was the correct thing to do but my dad said it should be fine and it made my car start). Had no issues for a month until it did the same thing where it would turn over but not start. I pulled the pipe off again and it started. The issue became more frequent and went to start the car this morning and had the issue. Only difference is that now pulling the pipe off does nothing. From what I have read online it seems to me that it could be a fuel problem possibly something to do with the fuel pump/filters?

Was just wondering if anyone could help me with the issue and be able to recognise the issue? Would also be handy to know what parts I will need.

Attached are some photos of the pipe

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_183137.jpg
    IMG_20200519_183137.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200519_183148.jpg
    IMG_20200519_183148.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 39