ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible to Swap Lambda Sensors??

PH1 172 Sport
I've noticed a a steady decrease in fuel economy so I'm expecting the lambda sensor. Last time I checked both sensors, the pre-cat one was quite carbed up and the after cat looked almost new. So ive got a few questions:

1)Should I just buy a new sensor and be done with it?!
2)Is it ok to swap the pre and post cat sensors around and should this solve the problem?
3)Is it possible to clean the sensor?

Cheers

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
you will need to chop the loom if your swopping post cat to pre cat as loom is to short, lambdas are both same, thats of course if you think its the lambda causing your problem.

53 Clio's & counting
Both sensors should be the same, just one has a longer lead, so as long as the lead reaches mate then there shouldnt be a prob

PH1 172 Sport
Cheers guys. Not sure it is the lambda as I got 39mpg on the way home tonight!

I've got a feeling it may be an adverse affect of driving in Germany last week and my foot still being a little heavy on the Motorway!!