ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possibly the last shots of my V6

An orange one
exhaust005.jpg

exhaust006-1.jpg

exhaust002.jpg

exhaust003.jpg

still dont know weather im doing the right thing selling her :(:( arrghhhh

An orange one
option 1) sell to the interested guy, get a mk2 and have finance...but enjoy the newness and the improved drive of the 255

option 2) keep it as its just had cambelt and water pump, is truly immaculate inside and out, fit 182 recaro's and KW variant 3's

argrhhhh..

An orange one
worked out rough cost to change to a mk2 will be 6k for a black one, or about 8k for a liquid one...

recaro's are £1300 with frames and KW's are £1300 ...so £2600

but...its 5 and a half years old!!!

Dyson
Tough one, Your car does look mint, but a 255 in liquid would look fooking amazing wtih your wheels:rasp:

CTR--VX220D
Why dont you get some proper seats like some Cobra Evolutions/Imola/Suzuka's???

Im impressed with your cambelt change before sale, When I was looking for a Vee they were all up for sale come cambelt time ---- needles to say the sellers were reluctant to say why ;)

An orange one
chris..i didnt pay a penny for the cambelt change from my main renault dealer :):)

they fucked up when my car was in, badly kerbed 3 of the wheels, so they offered to re-do them...they got them done, slightly wrong colour..so they offered to replace them or asked if there was anything id like in terms of work?

result...free cambelt + water pump and some un marked wheels!

top service..benfield renault carlisle, john stiff service manager :):)

Someone is going to get a bargain.... £1k for cambelt dep on where your getting it done.

7.1 hours of work from what I can rember I posted times etc up yesterday. Thats with a new pump you can keep the engine in if you just do the belt but to do the pump drop the engine out.

Belts etc arn't that much its a common engine.

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
hi mate, what is the offset for your wheels and other figures mate? also, what they hell are they? they look awesome :) cheers.

stu

Clio Mk 1
I'd go for option 2 mate as much as a 255 in liquid would be amazing the amount your gonna save yourself is it worth it? Plus your car is sex.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
try and save up for sumthing else.a fun second car tht u can rag everywhere!keep that in a garage and bring it out in the summer!:cool:

An orange one
so the general opinions would be to keep it?? what are ITB's??

not considered tuning the engine really, it has a piperX viper and Quicksilver OMG exhaust but just for the noise really.

i have always wanted 182 recaro's for it as well...

so the general opinions would be to keep it?? what are ITB's??

not considered tuning the engine really, it has a piperX viper and Quicksilver OMG exhaust but just for the noise really.

i have always wanted 182 recaro's for it as well...

Individual throttle bodies remove the restriction on the intaek but for the cost there are easier ways to power normal cams head work and reworking the plebahm (better using the Mk2 one) will have been gains plus you keep the stock ECU.

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
colin what are the wheels mate? have you got any stats for em or where to source them? thanks mate.

Elise/VX220/R26
if you dont REALLY need the extra 2 seats just keep the V6. The 225 is great but its not a RWD 2 seater, y get me? :D

An orange one
colin what are the wheels mate? have you got any stats for em or where to source them? thanks mate.

TSW Pindrive 2 piece wheels mate, very rare and 19" only, think they were roughly £380 per wheel without tyres, they are very light though and they work on a large single centre nut

johnyboy, im 21 no plans of kids, and my mates and girlfriend have 4 seater cars so i never have to play taxi on long journeys muh hahahah ;)

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Dear God! She is fan-bloody-tastic. God damn gorgeous! Keep her and cherish her for ever and ever! My dream car by the way.

An orange one
all these comments are so nice people, i think after a while owning a car you get complacent and dont see it as other people do, :):) so..where to buy recaro's then?? lol

oh and as for not getting some different seats, the recaro's are a classier touch and match the interior perfect also they are renault seats in a way and i like the factory oem style

that is mint mate, depends how you feel really.. personally i dont think its worth changing to another v6..

An orange one
its been on pistonheads for £11900 and he asked if there was any room for dropping a bit? i said absolute lowest £11750, good price for a 51 vee..but..as its had the cambelt/pump done..it wont need anything major until 2011 now! average less than 6k miles per year since new as well

it really is a gem of a car, im obsessed with cleaning and detailing her and it gets no expense spared at renault.

have also just got a brand new mk1 steering wheel for it, as the alcontara/neoprene wears very easily, this was letting the interior down, and the 255 spoiler makes the world of difference to the car!