ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential 182 owner

Audi S3 8p
Evening lads and lasses. My friend and I are after a clio 172/182 as a track only car. We’ve found a car and are going looking at it on Saturday and hopefully buying it.
The only problem seems to be abs light and traction light. I’ve done a few searches and can see this can be quite common.
My question is tho if this car is only going to be used on track will it even affect the driving ?
And where would I start if I where to fix it ?
Thanks in advance

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Could be a number of things, most likely a cracked ABS ring, easy enough to change.

Also, I turn mine off when out on track so shouldn’t affect things anyway..

Audi S3 8p
I was hopeing it wouldn’t affect the driving of the car. Am I right in thinking certain models didn’t come with abs or tc ?
I would change the rings first as it’s cheap could it also be a brake pedal sensor ?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
If you turn it off it shouldn’t affect the driving of the car. If could be a sensor that needs replacing, the cracked ring I mentioned or something else. But it shouldn’t cost the earth to fix.

It was only the 172 Cup that came without it I believe