ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potentially massive issue with Panasonic Plasmas

182FF c/w Recaros
And here was me singing the praises of my Plamsa in the LCDvsPlasma threads lol:rolleyes:

Posted this on (see below) AVForums yesterday.

Seems that there is many more threads about Green tinges/purple snakes:eek:

Anyone else experienced this on their Panny Plasmas?

OK, had my Panny 37PX600 model for 6 months.

Watched a few DVD's of late (Pioneer DVD 575A player via Component (i or p).

Getting green tinges around faces.

Happens a lot durning the DVD of The 4400 and now im seeing it regularly on 24 Season 5 DVD (R2).

Also seen some red tinges as well but it's 95% green.

Not realy noticed it much before. Pretty much only on DVD as well.

Cant' say i've noticed on Freeview (built in or Humax via RGB) and X360/

Taken 2 pics. Can clearly seen the green around the womans face.

Is this a fault of DVD's or could my TV have developed a fault?
please.gif

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/domtheo...Import0465.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/domtheo...Import0466.JPG

Pics taken from Episode 2 (8-9am) around half an hour in.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have the TH42PX60B and havent noticed anything yet. It better not, otherwise along with the green and purple snakes, there'll also be a size 9 boot sticking through the front.

182FF c/w Recaros
Only a matter of time.....;)

LOL, only kidding.

Seriously though. If you have 24 Season 5, check it out. Or perhaps the first 2 seasons of THE 4400.

Both on DVD (component).

Not realy noticed it on any other source/connection, yet.

A4 Avant
Domtheone, I have a 42PX60B. It's 4 months old and has been on for about 400 hours roughly. The picture just seems to get better. I don't have the DVD's you have mentioned but there is definately no green tinges on mine! Can you borrow another DVD player to test the screen? If it's still there I'd contact where you bought it from!

Racin Blue 182
This has been reported on AV forums by a few owners - seems to be intermittent and depending on source material.

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL the old Purple Snakes.

I do like the AVForums and it is a wealth of Info, but some people spend too much time watching for this stuff. It happens on some Source material for a few scenes.

Mine hasnt done it and I checked with about 3-4 of the films they say it happens on

182FF c/w Recaros
I don't think it matters if you spend too much time looking for this stuff.

All of a sudden it just leaps out at you and punches you in the face:eek: and says thanks for the £1400 but ps, i may just spash random green/red trails from time to time!

It is very source dependant.

I've not (yet) noticed it on anything other than DVD's. (another reason to dish those nasty DVD's and upgrade to HD lol)

I'd like to think it was just my player/copmponent cable at fault but judging by the HUGE responce about it, i don't think so.

Got a very short reply back from Panasonic (unacceptable) so i've emailed them again.

Next stop will be to have a chat with a Panasonic dealer./

I don't want to hand back my tv, it's brilliant most of the time but if there's no fix (firmware etc etc) for this and it get's worse then it'll be going back.

Hell I might even be forced to look at LCD again lol:rolleyes: Not something I want to do at the moment as they're not good enough with SD material:evil: , yet.

Revels Mum & Sister
I do but I am not going to go looking for them LOL

If they want to visit me I will let them. I am happy with it for £799 to be honest. If I was paying £1200+ then I would have gone for the Pioneer anyway!

Looks fantastic through HD, I have a PS for Blu-Ray and 360 with HD-DVD add on and just flogged the US import Tosh HD-DVD player I bought mid year

182FF c/w Recaros
I do but I am not going to go looking for them LOL

If they want to visit me I will let them. I am happy with it for £799 to be honest. If I was paying £1200+ then I would have gone for the Pioneer anyway!

Looks fantastic through HD, I have a PS for Blu-Ray and 360 with HD-DVD add on and just flogged the US import Tosh HD-DVD player I bought mid year

I'm going to get the 360 add on soon (not paying fleabay prices though so will wait till they're in plentiful supply.

You won't have to go looking for it on 24. Season 5. Trust me, it'll find you;)

I sincerely (honest:D ) hope that it don't happen to you but drop me a line if it does. Perhaps we can swap photos of Purple Snakes lol:D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
lol.. somebody had to do it...

Just be glad it wasnt the purple snake i was thinking of posting

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ lol. Thats what I have! I've been to the doctors 4 times and he's said its normal for this time of year. He also broke down and told me he'd recently split up with his wife, which was upsetting, to say the least. I had since forgotten about the snake predicament, but thankyou for recalling it, dude. Awesome :)

182FF c/w Recaros
Bump

Just to inform any Panny PX 60/600 owners who may start getting the dreaded Purple snakes issue:D

Just posted this over on AVF.

Originally Posted by jverdoes
znaika.gif
CALL NOW: Panasonic UK Customer Services: 08705 357357 (option 1)

Thanks for making the number reaadily available.
xyxthumbs.gif

I just called (spoke to Paul) and as soon as i mentioned Purple snakes
biggrin.gif
he new where I was coming from.
biggrin.gif

Logged my details and said I would be contacted in due course (presumably when/if they'ed found a solution
uhoh.gif

Good example of it here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394430&page=87

Post 1292:eek: