ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering Leak - Drivers Side

Hi chaps, my 172 has developed a leak in the PS system somewhere that looks like it's coming from the drivers side (as the drivers side undertray is soaked. Anyone know which pipe this may be?

From the engine bay I can't see any leaks from the pipe that goes from the pump under the airbox.

Thanks in advance.

Monaco 53/468
could be the rack leaking, have you checked the boots? Mines doing this from the offside I think although I haven't had a proper look yet

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Mine developed a massive leak last weekend.

It turned out to be the pipe that runs down the front of the block that can be seen under the fuel rail guard. There is a union at the top and a sensor coming off a few inches further down, they were both loose.

Worth checking as it managed to lose most of the fluid within a few days.

Cheers chaps, It definitely isn't the one at the front as it looks dry as a bone! I need to get under and take a look but the rain hasn't stopped yet!

I remember when it had the aux belt done a few weeks ago the mechanic said it was weeping somewhere but he can't remember.