ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering

Clio 172 sport
Hi everyone
I have a phase 1 Clio sport done a track day Tuesday but noticed I was loosing power steering fluid which I think is coming from the actual reservoir. See fluid on the underside of the bonnet and on the outside of the wing. Not noticed it before under normal driving. I changed the tyres and wheels for 888rs for the track day power steering seems to be working ok has anyone else had this

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
First check would be to remove the reservoir and check for cracks/damage. Also check the lines as they are common to fail. After that could be the pump itself. Would be better in the long run to convert to EPAS.

Clio 172 sport
Cheers rojer for reply someone else I’ve spoken to suggested because the pump is working a lot harder on track rev wise could be overheating the fluid what do you think??? Also is it a lot of agg to fit an epas

406 V6, Race Buggy
Could be, often happens with hard use - I have to use synthetic ester fluids in the off-roaders because of the heat buildup from the PAS loadings - when was the fluid last changed?

Clio 172 sport
I’ve had the car for 3 months but been ok on the road but I’ve not changed fluid. What fluid would you recommend and where’s the best place to get it
Cheers