ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex bushes, what ones do I need?

extreme flamer
I want to make a start on my small list of MOT advisories on my 1.2 16v, incase I end up keeping it and putting it through another test so I don't need to do it all at once.

Two of the advisories are offside + nearside front anti roll bar linkage rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement, I want to replace these with powerflex ones but when I look on ebay there are 2 sizes 23mm and 25mm. Both say they would fit a clio 1.2l but I don't get why there would be 2 diffrent sizes if this was the case.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? (I have a 55 plate mk2 clio extreme)

Thanks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im going to have a guess that as you are only driving a 1.2 that you need the 23mm and NOT the 25mm.

If i recall the 25mm are for cups & trophys.

You can walk into your local Euro Car Parts and buy them (maybe even next day if none in stock) as they are main supplier for power flex poly bushes.

extreme flamer
Thanks Marc, I might take a drive there tomorrow and see what I can get.
Does anyone know if powerflex bushes will make any difference to my car (a 1.2l 16v) or are they more for faster cars? Wondering if I should just get oem ones

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I know a guy with a 1.2 16v clio and he has had the full car poly bushed with a cheap lowing kit and it handles like a tram on rails.
It has no body roll what so ever and it is tight as hell.

extreme flamer
Just went for standard bushes rather than powerflex.
Still a big improvement compared to how it was before, feels like it drives better than it ever has in my ownership. Might be because I only had a drivers side anti roll bar link as the passenger side bolt had snapped