ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Dog bone - worth it?

182 Bean
Hi all,
just a quick answer will do.

Was thinking of replacing my Dog bone mount with a Powerflex one.

Is it worth the £35 pricetag?

Have heard some mixed reviews about them...

Cheers,

Jan

Audi A5
I didn't notice much difference other than more vibration through the car when sitting in traffic.Saying that I think my old bushes wern't that worn so didn't expect much difference.Bottom line then really only worth it if yours is worn out and a lot are.

Audi A5
Does the gear stick rock back and fourth when coming on and off the throttle?If so then do it If not then probably not worth it

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'd do it but in fairness the full set of solid mounts are a better option.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
solid top mounts all round on a daily driver are HARSH. poly dogbone and OEM upper g/box and top engine mount is best set up for me. £35 is a bargain.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Very worth doing in my opinion, for the money and time you spend doing it too its a no brainer. Providing you have a good vice to press the old bushes out that'll be the only problem you have fitting it

Clio 182 Cup
Definitely a good thing if yours is worn. Bit of a vibe on idle, give it a week or 2 and you won't really notice it :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
polybush dogbone is probs the first engine mod most people do!

the full kit makes for quite a harsh ride but not unbearable,

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The polyflex dogbone works a lot better, but they dont last especially long, im just about the replace the one on my girlfriends car as the polyflex one is now moving around slightly, after only about a dozen or so trackdays and 10K road miles.

So yes they work, but expect to replace it every year or two if you use the car hard.