ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure washer

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking to get one as a present for my birthday Saturday. Around £100, what we thinking

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thought it was that one chris. Sister (no) was struggling for ideas, so fancy getting one for the new house. Any spectacular deals about

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That looks a peach that one. I've used 4 different brands of power washer including karcher and the nilfisk beats them all. You can't go wrong

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Spend proper money on one, I used to go through domestic washers like I changed my boxers. I ended up spending £450 on a Karcher Commercial machine... 2 years on its as good now as it was then.

I had a Nilfisk before that and yeah it was a great machine but that broke and to get it repaired it was a pain in the arse because Nilfisk will only ship a Container of parts over if its full.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I use my nilfisk weekly for almost 2 years with no issues. As long as you're not running a valenting company it's fine

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Spend proper money on one, I used to go through domestic washers like I changed my boxers. I ended up spending £450 on a Karcher Commercial machine... 2 years on its as good now as it was then.

I had a Nilfisk before that and yeah it was a great machine but that broke and to get it repaired it was a pain in the arse because Nilfisk will only ship a Container of parts over if its full.

How did you manage to break them so often?

I've had my Nilfisk for going on 5 years now and it's still perfect, granted I don't use it as often as you probably do.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
How did you manage to break them so often?

I've had my Nilfisk for going on 5 years now and it's still perfect, granted I don't use it as often as you probably do.

During Summer once every week, Winter Once every other week LOL. Domestic items are only built with a life of around 200 hours, It normally takes me 2.5 hours to clean the car and for arguments sake its in use for an hour. So if you add all those hours up, not to mention when my Dad uses it which probably isn't as often as me but you can see, life time wise why they don't last. But after 2 years of this kind of use the commercial machine is proving to be worth its money.

To add, all my machines have been kept in a garage covered and emptied of water after every use.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
You must be running them hard though. I only tend to have the pressure going for maximum 15 seconds at a time

Mito Sportiva 135
They're all much of a muchness at the lower end I find - look after them and they will last a couple of years of fairly regular use but they all seem to die eventually.

I used to use a custom built one which ran on diesel and was an absolute animal - to the point where if you turned the heat up it could just melt and glue or tar off. Also any flaky paint too though - so not the sort of machine to use at home. Plus it cost about £3k so probably a bit unsuitable for most home users!

Clio 182 - RB
Have a look on karcher outlet on line, i got my K2 with all the buts to it last summer for something silly cheap, £40/£60!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Have a look on karcher outlet on line, i got my K2 with all the buts to it last summer for something silly cheap, £40/£60!

I got my K2 from the outlet for £29 lol. Cleaned my drive and decking a treat!

Clio 182 - RB
I got my K2 from the outlet for £29 lol. Cleaned my drive and decking a treat!
I know i got it for cheap, that was just a guess, theres K4's on there now for on the cheap... So much more powerful than the K2 but the K2 does all i need it to do, got it on the slabs other week and brought them up a treat, dirty again now though!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The the only thing that bugged me about the Nilfish was how easy it fell over even with the standard hose.

Isn't it even worse with a heavy duty rubber one?
I sold mine and bought a s/hand Kranzel.

Clio Trophy
The the only thing that bugged me about the Nilfish was how easy it fell over even with the standard hose.

Isn't it even worse with a heavy duty rubber one?
I sold mine and bought a s/hand Kranzel.

i used mine with the new rubber hose for the 1st time this week, and was 100% better, + did not have to keep moving the washer, as the hose was long enough to get around my car