ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pretensioner and buckets

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I'm fitting buckets and retaining the original seatbelts in addition to harnesses. I need to fit the resistors on lieu of the airbags so my question is....
If I fit the original pretensioners, will they fire in an accident? Is it seperate wiring to that under the seats?
Thanks in advance all

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I thought the pretensioners just fit onto your subframe and do the necessary. I have to fit my buckets and subframes this weekend...don't know if I'm looking forwards to it or not...

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I thought the pretensioners just fit onto your subframe and do the necessary. I have to fit my buckets and subframes this weekend...don't know if I'm looking forwards to it or not...
Yeah but would they still fire if the connector blocks aren't connected due to using resistors?
I will be doing mine next weekend and wanting to know as much as possible.
It might be obviously clear once I start. Maybe you could let me know how you get on?
I'm going to trial fit the passenger seat and once its done correctly, I'll take loads of photos and write a guide on here to hopefully help other thickos like me in the future.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah but would they still fire if the connector blocks aren't connected due to using resistors?
I will be doing mine next weekend and wanting to know as much as possible.
It might be obviously clear once I start. Maybe you could let me know how you get on?
I'm going to trial fit the passenger seat and once its done correctly, I'll take loads of photos and write a guide on here to hopefully help other thickos like me in the future.
I am going to have a good crack. It's just my driver's seat I'm replacing. There are pictures about a 3.3Ohm resistor so may need that in. Mine is the subframe and sliders as still want movement as I don't want seat to be stuck in one place and I am always changing my position. I'm hoping its reasonably easy...but we will see.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
@Don same here on sliders. I want to use standard belts and need to have mounting points for harnesses also.

Nissan 350z
@FatRS If you are only fitting resistors to the airbag wiring then everything else will fire/work if still connected. The car doesnt know the airbags arent there, as far as the car is concerned the resistors ARE the airbags so it would still send them a fire command/pulse in an accident regardless.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Didn't manage to get mine fitted. Removed 3 of the 4 bolts without issue. Bolt number 4 came off so far, but then slips like mad. Blasted it with wd40 so need to wait for it to take effect. Gutted is an understatement.