ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price drop at 19?

Suzuki Ignis
When I come to renew my insurance next year, should i wait the 4 months between renewal in January and my 19th birthday in April?
What kind of price drop should i expect at 19 with 1 years NCB?

Obviously i would have to decare the car off the road and stick it in the garage. Would it cost me anything to decare this? Is there anything else i need to know?

Wish i had waited till my 18 to get a car but i had pasted my test in August 06, couldnt afford a car until January 07 and was desparate to get on the road :eek:

Just an idea but TBH i dont know if i could go without a car for 4 months now.

-Matt

EP3 Civic Type R
Get some quotes, ring up and ask... it's the only way you'll no for sure as each quote for every individual is different

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
mine halved with 1yr no claims from 20 to 21.

went from £981 to £440.

its with Directline.

Gox

Clio Extreme
mine halved with 1yr no claims from 20 to 21.

went from £981 to £440.

its with Directline.

i'd imagine that was more to do with the no claims. i've checked mine for next year, and the years no claims makes a far bigger difference than my age.

just been speaking to a lad who did his pass plus, and his insurance dropped instantly from £1400 to just under £800.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
probably^

didnt realise, pass plus made that much difference. which i took it now.

Gox

Clio Extreme
probably^

didnt realise, pass plus made that much difference. which i took it now.

It's never too late. I think I'm gonna make sure I do mine within the next couple of years. Only paying £480 per year for the next two years, cos of the deal I got from Renault, but after that I'm gonna want something more powerful than a 1.2.

Suzuki Ignis
I did Pass Plus and would recommend it to all new drivers. Make even compulsorary? I think it really helped knowing abit more about the motorway and driving at night ect especially to new drivers. Also knocked £200ish off my insurance.

Audi TT 225
It was about 800 fully comp with business class 1 but then I moved, took off the business class and lowered the number of miles I was doing and it was more than before because Im in a nicer area and more cars get nicked here... :(
But I complained and they reduced it to 800 something... 3yrs NCD, never had an accident, kept on street tho.

Suzuki Ignis
^ good idea.

Just done a quote and here are the results

19,1yr NCB, with PassPlus,TPFT £636.99
18,1yr NCB, with PassPlus,TPFT £749.49

Both with Quinn Direct, no convictions or claims.

WillHave to think about it because really dont know if i could go without a car for 4 months. But is almost £100 off and it shouldnt really go up the year after, i hope...

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
its strange how insurance works. if i get a 182 in the next week or so, rather than waiting il sept when i get my 1yrs nbc, it only costs an extra £50 or something daft a year anyway so i cant be bothered waiting!
will have to see what its like when im 21 in december though!

Its a sliding scale, waiting a few days for a birthday will make sod all difference normally, they have your dob and it is calculated from that (other than ages where endorsements/applicable discounts kick in.. sorry, I work in insurance..)

Ie, being 18yrs and 364 days will make sod all difference to being 19yrs and 0 days.