ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prima Racing

Hi,

Ive just had an email saying that they would do an engine conversion for my Cup. This seems to include a remapped ECU, exhaust and induction kit. It was reatailing at £1250 inc fitting which seems a little steep to me?

Has anyone had one of these fitted to a 172 and are they worth the money?

Skoda Fabia vRS

that IS a bit steep

you could do it all seperately for about £1000 or less and thats if you bought a Viper induction kit, a full stainless exhaust system, and had a re-map on a RR

I dont really fancy getting an ECU anyway as the R-Sport will be out in the near future. I was jut seeing what options I have although thats an expensive one!

Well its not steep if its good quality, what induction kit and whats the exhaust made from? about 400 would cover an ecu with RR session

My mistake, this is actually to have a fully modified cylinder head and a superchip. He reckons about 200Bhp?

Danyyboys Cup is pushing out 186BHP as standard - it wouldnt take much to push this to 200 - the RSport Ecu will though!

14 bhp extra is a lot to expect from a new ECU though? I was just looking at my optins have money buring a hole in my pocket at the moment! My car is still standard so ill see what it pumps out at the Midland RR day in Feb.

Am still waiting for someone to get back to me on fitting a supercharger!

BMW 320d Sport

Well if its head work then thats a bit better value - so its head, zorst, induction and chip? Not so bad I suppose if you dont mind spending the money, usually head work runs to about £400-£500 for a good job, an aftermarket airbox system say £200, full stainless exhaust system £400, chipping £200.

I doubt it but you never know, tis a lot of dosh after all.

And Nick that DOESNT include an exhaust and induction kit, just head work and chipping. Think Ill pass on that and wait to save a bit more cash to get some real TB work done!