ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prob a bit late for a thread but before and after engine bay

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I've posted a couple of threads with the product of my efforts on the Cup I bought a couple of months ago. I've done all the paint correction stuff and finished the bodywork after having a new bonnet fitted and sprayed due to the usual leading edge rust. Had the front end painted and re striped the car. Wheels have been done. Interior shampooed and seat belts restored back to silver.

That just left me with the engine bay, the plenum was horrible as was the engine mount on the drivers side, the nuts were rusty. Anyway after a vapour blast treatment and some paint here and there I'm very pleased with the end result
IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Good job pal

How did you end up doing the bolts up if you painted them lol?

I planned to buy some new ones but Renault want stupid money everytime I order bolts 😧

I painted them Chris, I cleaned them up on the rotary brass brush first, primer then did the in alloy paint, it's supplied by autosmart the valet supply people, it's really good paint. I left it to dry a couple of days then just put a cloth over the heads when tightening with the socket to stop them marking