ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem - someone please help :( emissions light, car wont exceed 80mph?

2001 1.2 Clio
Hi,

Recently sold my 98 1.2 clio for a 2001 1.2 clio but seems to have been a bad move although was only £200 really once i sold the value of my other car.

I got the car 2 weeks ago, first thing to notice on a long journey up motorway was that it didnt go over 80mph at 4000revs in 5th gear, just seems to die at this stage, no matter how many gears i rev out it just dies at 80, next was coil light to come on the other day and came on most days at some point but turning car on and off fixed this, got a new coil pack yesterday and problem hasnt occured since but what is occuring now is the emissions light is on, i was thinking that this could be related to the car not exceeding 80mph??

I will be fitting new spark plugs tomorrow to see how this goes, the car only has 56000 miles on it so is very low milage for the year.

I have also used injector cleaner on the car and will be changing oil and oil filter next week, not sure why it doesnt exceed 80mph though, my other clio went to at least 3 digits before it struggled.

Can sum one please suggest as to why this is doing this or what i can do to fix both problems?

Thanks,
Kennie

PS. sorry i went on so much lol!!

monaco 172
Don't think my old 1.2 did 80 anyway lol.

Emmissions light could be due to a faulty lambda sensor or cat.