ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem viewing JPEGs after uploading onto website

Mito Sportiva 135
This is an issue my gfs mum is having and trying to help her out - think it's a Mac issue rather than internet software (although I could be wrong).

Essentially on her businesses' website there are JPEG images of the products she offers. All the files are (Im told) the same size and JPEG format, but some of the images won't show when most of them do. We've tried deleting them and reuploading several times but there doesn't seem any logical reason for this, and deleting the cache too.

Any of you guys got any ideas? I could get married off the back of solving this so much much appreciated!

This is a link to the website and one of the pages where it's not showing properly:

http://marquees.forward-thinker.co.uk/items/index/?category=5

Many thanks!

​Tom

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
ImgController isn't found in the images not showing.

Normally means the image you've specified doesn't exist and the request is being forwared to cakephp IIRC.

Sounds stupid, but have you made sure the image is "Jpeg" and not "jpg" vice versa?

Also, one of the images;

Code:
src="/img/items/4ft trestle.JPG"

Remove the space in the image file name before uploading it and then change the src location as well (remove space).

Before you do that. add
Code:
% 20
without the space in place for the space between 4ft and trestle.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Sweet I will try that mate! Where in the code does the %20 bit go too?

Should I clear the cache again too when trying this do you think?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Well, you've got a space in the file name of the image "4ft trestle.JPG"

It goes in place of the space.

It is just the code for a space and will keep the src url as one string.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm tried that mate now but still not working :( Thanks for the advice though. Really is a mystery I have no idea why it's not working!