ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with headlights.

Clio 1.2 16V
Hi, i have a 2004 clio. My headlights usually come on automatically when the light level drops to a certain level, however recently they haven't been coming on, anyone know how to maybe reset them or something that might make them work?
Many thanks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Your handbook has instructions how to turn the auto function off and on, try that first.

sumthin like turn um on/off 3-4 times, not to sure so wud like 2 know if any1 can find out.

Not sure where me handbook is :(

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Turn engine of twist the headlight switch untill you hear it beep I think when it beeps twice then they will come on automatically

Clio 182
You can register on Renault.co.uk and view an e-version of your handbook if you've lost it.

"Dipped beam headlights​
Automatic operation:

With the engine running, vehicles fitted with a​
light sensor, the dipped beam headlights light up automatically as light begins to fade; stalk 1 does not need to be turned (position 0).
To deactivate or reactivate this function, move the end of stalk 1 twice consecutively from 0 to side light position, with the engine stopped and the ignition on.
A bleep confirms the deactivation of this function, and two bleeps confirm its reactivation."

You may have turned it off by accident? I think I did that when I first got mine!

Hope this helps.

Dan