ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with vibration on idle speed :(

Renault Clio 172
Hi everybody

I have a problem with my Clio 1,2, 16v, 55 kW, 2002. At idle speed the enginge makes a little vibration after some seconds. I think maybe one spark plug is out of order, but if it is ignition coil, it is much more worse. Is it any possibility to figure out, what could be wrong ?

Next week i will go to service, i hope i get some help.

CB600FS
Check the bottom of your coil pack isn't cracked, it can cause a slight misfire after a while, and doesn't usually put a warning light on the dash.

Check your bottom dogbone mount isn't gubbed aswell

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I don't understand every word in English, but can someone explain what a coil pack is and were I can find it on a 182? Thank you

CB600FS
Okay if you imagine your spark plugs? Follow the route the leads take, going away from the spark plug, where all 4 leads join into a small black box with some wiring going into it.

On the 1.2s its on the left hand side as you look at the engine, 4 armour leads go into it and its hold on by 3 small T30 screws.

I took of the engine cover of the 182 and saw the 4 leads coming together in a black box at the end of the engine. Is that right :)

CB600FS
Yeah its in a slightly different place on a 1.2 though, at the back and to the left, behind the oil filler cap mate.

Renault Clio 172
Now the vibration has gone worse. It vibrate constantly. And sometimes the electrical problem warning light appears, then all the power has lost. More than 40 km/h my car will not drive. Then i have to start the engine again, and power is back. I hope i get the service time asap.

I had the same. The orange graph light and max speed +-35mph.
There was no error stored in the ecu!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
most definatley a coil pack has gone, get it replaced...around 40quid upwards each

Renault Clio 172
i changed the spark plugs, and the vibration is gone. But the power loss is still actual. I think maybe fuel filter is clogged up. The diagnostics didn´t notice that the coil back would be broken.