ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems with my low mpg please help

Clio 172
hi i recently boght a clio 172 and my mate has got one to but i can only get 14mgp tops but my mate said i shud be able to get 30 to 35mpg can anyone help me find the problem. but my speedo sensor has gone cud that be the problem.
many thanks spencer-thom

Chocolate Orange 172
Might sound like a strange question but how do you drive? Foot down everywhere or stick to the speed limits?

Iceberg 172
I would put a gallon in it (4.4 litres?) drive it and then do some maths. I would imagine it's telling you the wrong data unless it really is guzzling fuel and the needle moves a lot

J_K

Ph1 172
hi i recently boght a clio 172 and my mate has got one to but i can only get 14mgp tops but my mate said i shud be able to get 30 to 35mpg can anyone help me find the problem. but my speedo sensor has gone cud that be the problem.
many thanks spencer-thom

Is your speedo sensor gone completely or does it occasionally flick in and out, mine was the same and it wouldn't record mileage and consequently couldn't work out the mpg, if the speedo works a little though it'll give you a crazy low figure.

Try the speedo sensor first anyway would be my opinion.