ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems

My car recently has started drinking coolant and missfiring but no mayo on the caps. Now at first I assumed this will be a head gasket failure. Reading up though some people said that head gaskets dont go on clios. Some people say yes it was a head gasket.

Some people changed their spark plugs and ht leads and it was fine. Some people changed their water pumps and it was fine.

So basically I really stumped. Should I get a compression test done before I do anything or does someome know what the problem is?

All help appricated as always

PH2 Clio 172
I would go with a compression test and block test the cooling system. If either test fails you can be fairly sure its a head based issue. If both tests pass start hunting round the cooling system for leaks, water pump, thermostat problems.

I would go with a compression test and block test the cooling system. If either test fails you can be fairly sure its a head based issue. If both tests pass start hunting round the cooling system for leaks, water pump, thermostat problems.

Cheers mate, Its just weird with no mayo on the filler cap and its not over heating. Il get it booked in for the compression and block test. I hope its not hgf.