ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prolonged beep when I lock the doors

Hi

Just got my Clio back after having some work done (cambelt, dephaser pulley, plugs, oil change) and now when I press the button on the key to lock the doors, they lock, hazards flash and then it beeps continuously for about 30 seconds

It didn't used to do that. I occasionally got 3 shorter beeps but never a 30 second continuous one

I've tried locking/unlocking with both keys. The doors do stay locked after the beep it's just annoying :S

Any ideas?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Means a door or bonnet is not closed properly.
Check the bonnet alarm switch

Megane dci 130
It means there is still a door or bonnet open. The only thing they would of touched would be the switch on the slam panel for the bonnet. Check that is plugged in.

Think I've sorted it now after the alarm going off 10 times :eek:

There was some kind of plug thing on the right side of the front (just near the Renault badge) that must detect if the bonnet is closed, it was sort of hanging out. Pushed it back in, closed the bonnet and locked it with the key. No beeps.

Thanks guys