ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proof on no claims..help!

OK my current insurance runs out on January 1st...in which i will have a years no claims.

My current insurers wont insure me on the new car, so i have to set up with a new company, except due to the garage not williing to hold the car upto 1st january i need to take out the policy abit earlier...roughly Dec 15th.

Would this all be legit? Would i recieve the proof of no claims in my current insurers renewal notice?

please help as this is pissing me off

S3, HD Nightster
Just call your insurers and ask them to send you your proof of no claims. Should take 48hrs if that, no biggy!

S3, HD Nightster
Start the new policy for Dec 15th as you said on Dec 15th, tell them you have 1 years no claims. When your documents come through the post they will ask you for proof of no claims and you usually have 14 days or so to send it to them (Or they will take the no claims discount off your policy and charge you the difference). By this point your current insurer will send you your proof of no claims for sure, but it would be worth calling them now, they may be able to send it out a lot earlier!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Start the new policy for Dec 15th as you said on Dec 15th, tell them you have 1 years no claims. When your documents come through the post they will ask you for proof of no claims and you usually have 14 days or so to send it to them (Or they will take the no claims discount off your policy and charge you the difference). By this point your current insurer will send you your proof of no claims for sure, but it would be worth calling them now, they may be able to send it out a lot earlier!

Do that.

Although strictly spaking if you insure your car on December 15th, You will not have any no claims so you are basically lying to your insurance company.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
NO.

Your NCB is only available AFTER the policy has been completed. You *could* have an accident on the very last day....

Also, if you started a new policy the dates would not tally up. As you have not completed a years worth of ncb as the current policy still remains.

SO just to clarify, to use that 1YRS NCB from the policy expiring Jan 1st you will have to wait till then.

Any new policy you setup before that cannot be declared as having 1YRS NCB as you have not got it yet.

S3, HD Nightster
you wont get in trouble mate! the worst that can happen is like I said, they'll charge you the difference!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
you wont get in trouble mate! the worst that can happen is like I said, they'll charge you the difference!

thats NOT the worst that can happen!

He would have lied to the insurance company....which they do take seriously.

(also the documents will state the date of his NBC)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ring up your new insurance company and ask them, when moving from the 1.2 to the 172 i had to swap companys, but it was 2 weeks before my policy ended, i rang up and asked them if they would accept that as 1 yr and they said yes, and to just send the proff when i got it :)

ring up your new insurance company and ask them, when moving from the 1.2 to the 172 i had to swap companys, but it was 2 weeks before my policy ended, i rang up and asked them if they would accept that as 1 yr and they said yes, and to just send the proff when i got it :)

the exact same position as me them

who are you insured with?

S3, HD Nightster
thats NOT the worst that can happen!

He would have lied to the insurance company....which they do take seriously.

(also the documents will state the date of his NBC)

So if he did as I said in post #4, in your opinion, what would the insurance company do?

PH1 172 Sport
Insure the car without any no claims then after your two weeks get you 1 years no claims and phone up and change the policy. Job done without doing anything dodgy.