ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Protection from kerbing

BMW Z4 3.0i
I've currently got Pirelli P-Zero tyres on my car. I've been very happy with them, bit noisy but apart from that. The only thing is that they offer no over-hang type protection for my alloys against the ugly kerb. They seem to curve away from the centre to the tread a lot more than the continental sport contacts that were n there previously. (the contis sidewall seemed very vertical)

I'm going to be due new tyres in a few 1000 miles and want to get new alloys or a refurb when I get new tyres. I was probably going to get the PE2's as everyone goes on about how great they are. What sort of protection do they offer alloy wheels? Do the 205's offer a lot more protection than the 195's which I've got on now?

With no "tyre overhang", realistically it's inevitable that I'll kerb them eventually.

What are people's experiences/opinions?

If the 205 offers no greater protection over the 195 I'd prefer to stick to 195's for speedo accuracy and fuel economy.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
unless it is a tyre that moulds over your alloys but is slighty transparent so you can still sort of see the alloys...hehehehehehe :| i'm bored :D

BMW Z4 3.0i
Har har har Fred! I'm prolly gonna get new wheels or a refurb when I get new tryes. Do you ever do refurbs for under £200 Fred? I know you said phone for a quote but I just want an idea.

Cheers.