ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proud new owner of a 197 RS looking for any advice

2006 Clio RS Mk3
I've just bought a 2006 Clio 197 3RS and just wondering if anyone knew of any decent mods I can look at doing next year when i've got a bit of money to spend on her. Going to be putting some pilot sport 5 tyres on with some ds2500 brake pads and godspeed j hook discs soon and coilovers in the summer but does anyone else have any recommendations? Shes completely stock other than the new brake stuff and coils I just mentioned.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard :)

It sounds like you're already planning some sensible and worthwhile mods already. Other than those, I'd highly recommend a fresh change of the gearbox oil, if there is no evidence of this having been done recently. It transformed the slushbox gearchange on mine originally.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When doing the brakes, make sure you fit some braided lines and some decent fluid too. The last 197 I took on track had the same setup as you’re planning and the brakes were phenomenal.
a proper geometry setup will transform the car also.
welcome to the club. 👍

2006 Clio RS Mk3
When doing the brakes, make sure you fit some braided lines and some decent fluid too. The last 197 I took on track had the same setup as you’re planning and the brakes were phenomenal.
a proper geometry setup will transform the car also.
welcome to the club. 👍
Thanks a lot, cant wait to get her out on the road and the track. Already have a track day planned with Renault Sport Wiltshire in April so just got to get her ready for that. Would you recommend doing the back brakes with ferodo pads and better discs too? I saw others saying back brakes only needed better pads and stock discs were ok?

2006 Clio RS Mk3
Welcome aboard :)

It sounds like you're already planning some sensible and worthwhile mods already. Other than those, I'd highly recommend a fresh change of the gearbox oil, if there is no evidence of this having been done recently. It transformed the slushbox gearchange on mine originally.
Yeah planning on giving her a full proper service with fluid changes throughout so she's running smooth. Quick side question, do you know much about the Sprint booster and is it a worthwhile mod?