ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proving what

Sounds good Ed!

One of the guys i know takes his car over to the ring quite often, he use to have a westie but now drives a T (i think) reg MY99 STi5 type RA V-Ltd (runs it on the track with silver wheels but off the track with gold ones).

See if you can hop in with him next time, he does some quite quick mid 8 min laps (will have to find the exact figure out) and as its a type RA V-Ltd it is quicker top end and has the mechanical diff so you can control the power better (front to rear bias).

Tony

Clio 197

Yes, he is quite fast. Ive seen the car in the carpark and on the track, but not met him personally.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 09 October 2002

Dash - you should come quarter miling mate. I wanna see a V6 go up the dragstrip and see what times it can do!
No Nick I wanna see what it does so if I do go, your driving it. Ill polish it.

I have the privilege (sometimes dubious, granted!) of living in Wales. As Evo, Car and so on all espouse, Wales does have some very fine, clear roads.

That, along with the fact that I dont know of a drag strip in Wales, is why I dont go 1/4 miles! (well, not yet anyway!).

If I read the posts correctly, some say its a crime to have a moded car like mine and not to take it to the strip. Fair enough - if thats what your car is built for. But mine is built for the driving on my local roads.

The strip and tracks are safer venues to explore the performance of your car - but often for people who would otherwise spend their time stuck in traffic jams and in loads of traffic. Not that I wont got to a track - but there is less of an urge to drive maybe 200+ miles away from home, when youre already driving (safely) on some of the UKs finest roads in Wales!

Girlracer - fair comment about our cars! Id far rather buy a low mileage minter from you than a car like mine! But cars like Nicks arent really going to be sold in the near future - its a creation for himself. I do look after mine, and am sure it would stand very well in comparison with your Raider:D

BMW 320d Sport

Dash you cant be serious mate, Ive never even driven a 172 let along a V6! Although if you really want me to I think I could manage a quick blast up the quarter and your clutch is guaranteed not to get a hammering - I never sidestep it, just feed in the power.

Ben - exactly! My Clio is never going to be for sale so posing a theoretical question about whether people would want a car like GRs or a car like mine/yours is a bit of a waste of time really. No-one could buy it off me even if they *had* the money! Its exactly how I want it and a bloody raw drive but there you go, I wouldnt have it any other way.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Nick

I wasnt being at all derogatory about your car, I was just using it as an example of a car which is used in a completely different way to mine! Your name came to mind immediately and I realise that you have done many modifications enabling you to have a unique car, so I am not being critical in any way.

I also realise that many people here think that my cars are wasted being driven very few miles compared to their cars. If my 172 was the only car in the fa,ily it would obviously be driven much more. But as I have always loved sporty cars, I will ignore what you say here about using them for shopping and continue to drive them as I always have.

Think it might be a V6 next, in blue, for a change - now that would be a waste I hear you say! ;)

Girlracer, maybe you could set up your own buisness,charging blokes for running in and polishing their sports cars for them for a few months then handing it back.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Good idea Paranoia :cool: Glad you said SPORTS CARS as I wouldnt be interested in anything that didnt have Sport, GTi, M3, V6, Ci, Turbo, 16v etc as part of the name.

Trouble is these guys might be hanging around for ages waiting for their motors to be run in, unless as a business (as you put it) I spend more time driving and less time cleaning the cars. They would be very shiny though!

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 10 October 2002

Think it might be a V6 next, in blue, for a change - now that would be a waste I hear you say! ;)
No not at all. Blue is a nice colour.

BMW 320d Sport

Sylvia - no need to explain mate, I knew exactly what you meant, just others on the thread seemed to be picking up that comment of yours and taking it to mean something else. Just my impression anyway. And BTW I dont know who called yours a shopping car cos it werent me.

IMHO people can buy whatever car they want. Yes perhaps a 172 should be thrashed, but then again, some people just like to have the top of the range model...and that tends to always be the fastest one. So if people drive 172s and dont cane them the whole time (or even at all), or just want to drive around a bit and polish them ;) then thats fine by me!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Nick

I think it is C:sick:H:sick:A:sick:V:sick:Y:sick:B:sick:O:sick:Y who calls my car a shopping car :sick:

There will always be some folk who twist words around to suit themselves.