ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quaife atb

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Evening all

Not clio related but same lsd so hope its ok to post.

Give my Renault Extra a shakedown at Croft on Bank hol Monday, first time ive used it in anger really with the quaife lsd. The gearbox is a rebuilt jb3 with diff fitted at the same time, approx 1000 miles on it, mostly low load running in and mapping on the dyno.

Only used low boost 171hp as the high boost tune is not suitable for hard sustained track use. When reversing into the pit garage and onto my drive at home with a bit of lock on i noticed a clunk when taking up drive. Sounded like it could be from the box, is this common with quaife lsd? I know plate diffs can be noisy but helical should be pretty quiet?

Not had chance to check driveshafts etc yet but no noises when going forward. Should i be worried?

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
No noises from my quaife at all at any speed. Probably not what you want to hear..

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Will inspect the driveshafts again and see if any play. They were in good nick when i looked at them a few weeks back when i had the gearbox off, but never say never.

Will be disappointed if its showing issues already.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Indeed its a strange one, ill probably have the engine and box out over winter and will arrange a once over/inspection, not sure who rebuilt it last time.

Not ruling out cvs or mounts yet, i had a quick look earlier and my 1000 mile old vibratechnics rear mount is starting to delaminate so might be that with the engine moving. Absolute rubbish, ive already had it rewelded.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Got any pics of the van? Sounds fun! Were these based on 5's?

It is indeed based on a super5. Everything gtt related bolts straight on Theres a load of pics on my thread for my old Kangoo from the recent efi conversion & freshen up its had.
20200831_162533.jpg
20200718_153416.jpg
20200718_152848.jpg

Felt good taking it back out on track again as not been out since 2016. It actually corners now with the quaife and harder front springs. Low boost 12psi 171hp & 900kg seemed quick enough.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
It is indeed based on a super5. Everything gtt related bolts straight on Theres a load of pics on my thread for my old Kangoo from the recent efi conversion & freshen up its had. View attachment 1494497View attachment 1494498View attachment 1494499

Felt good taking it back out on track again as not been out since 2016. It actually corners now with the quaife and harder front springs. Low boost 12psi 171hp & 900kg seemed quick enough.

Love it! Wheels are spot on too. Good job being awesome mate 👍

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Update, did not find much wrong with it when looking and no noise since. Afternoon session at Croft again today and o/s outer cv is knackered, so must have been that causing the knock.